Lt. Commander
I've noticed recently that something has changed with the way that ground combat is playing out for me. I didn't have this problem until a few days ago.

This is in PvE, I've not tested it in PVP.

Typically, I like to make sure that when I start a fight - I'm behind the first NPC that I'm going to shoot. I like to do a lot of damage up front so eliminate as many as possible. It cuts down on the time it takes to fight.

I get behind them, and shoot them with a sniper rifle using the alternate settings for the snipe.

What I don't understand is that when I do this, the NPC will take 39 or so damage. It never crits and it never does its regular damage of 250 or more. Once the fighting has started, if I shoot them it'll do 250 or more even when facing them. If I get behind them, it'll do 400's with the posibility of vaporizing them.

I tested this several times last night in several different ground missions with the exact same result.

Once I engage the NPCs and my Bridge Officers are fighting - if I get behind the NPC and snipe it - it does the full regular damage plus additional damage if it crits. If no one has hit the NPC yet and I get behind it and snipe it, it'll do about 39 damage.

So in short: If no one has hit the NPC before, my weapon will not do full damage (When behind the NPC). If I've engaged the NPC and I shoot it from behind, the damage it does is normal.

Is this working as intended? Am I doing something wrong? Is this a bug?

I'd appreciate some feedback or help with this. It appears the problem started recently. Before, I could sneak up behind an enemy and do a lot of damage. It was a great opening move.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Wow, typos!