Lt. Commander
I haven't been playing for a few weeks and just read in the patch notes that something changed with taking out the sector block missions. Now I can't see any listed with people at Starfleet. For example, Sulu does not offer any sector block missions at all.

How do I get these again?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-06-2010, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmaflute View Post
I haven't been playing for a few weeks and just read in the patch notes that something changed with taking out the sector block missions. Now I can't see any listed with people at Starfleet. For example, Sulu does not offer any sector block missions at all.

How do I get these again?
I have not been in game for awhile so I am unsure as to the actual change versus what they wanted. They mentioned you would only see the sector block missions for the region you are in when you contact Starfleet. I have no idea if this is working as they desired though.

So if you want those missions from Sulu you will have to be in the Sirius Sector. Of course maybe you are having the bug they previously had where a few people were unable to see any of those missions after the patch.

I also believe Sulu only gives the patrol missions for the earlier sectors. Someone else gives the higher level patrol missions.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-06-2010, 05:36 AM
Well, I was in the Sirrus Block (newbie DSE) tonight and it had +36 Enemy ships in it and I was a LT 9

Dunno how they gonna beat them. Guess they got tired of the grinding ...
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-06-2010, 08:47 AM
sulu still gives them out, I have 3 open, but theres a bug causing the enemies to be like 20 levels over you

I was in one last night and it was fine, suddenly the mobs quadrupled in strength and we had to change to another instance
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-06-2010, 10:12 AM
The new timer between missions is messed up. It only counts down within a deep space encounter but the new mission is only available after I leave to sector space. But in sector space the timer doesn't change..

I waited at least 40 minutes in sector space and didn't get the new mission until I reentered an enounter and left it again. I also waited a very long time within an enounter and never got the new mission. When I left for sector space it appeared immediately.

I've submitted a bug report for this.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-06-2010, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Starblazer View Post
Well, I was in the Sirrus Block (newbie DSE) tonight and it had +36 Enemy ships in it and I was a LT 9

Dunno how they gonna beat them. Guess they got tired of the grinding ...
That simply should not happen! I don't care what the excuses are ... it shouldn't be that way!! They should limit the NPC levels, or limit entry to a certain level range of players. Other scenarios just serve to show how poorly they (the Devs) are thinking things through.