Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 My thoughst on infected
03-06-2010, 05:21 PM
My experience and thoughts.

First of yes I've completed it.

Now my PERSONAL opinion is there was not allot of hard work gone into this (raid) a lack of sheer imagination went into the design of this, all they did was stick allot of Borg into a space station and added hold hold hold snare snare snare, you can be at the back of the group and be held for long periods of time, they then added a few extra harder Borg which they call mini bosses, easy enough.

in short infected is like a long thin appendage (Long and boring) with the outcome leaving you dissapointed, i would hardly call the long time zink mission anything but a desperate attempt to keep you interested but failing desperately.

this game only caters for the casual player as your levelling, get stuck with some idiots mixed with the extremely bad game mechanics in this game and all you end up doing is wasting over 2 hours in an instance for loot that well lets face it they may say its unique to that instance but doing a few dailies and comparing makes you think and there difference is?.

having to constantly redo this catastrophic excuse of a 5 man raid to finally try and get it done only to have people being so under geared (not that there's any ways to check in this game)and no common sense, that its almost impossible to do.

For the very first raid in this game and contents that we have been lacking for so long to finally come out and to have no proper looking for group system because the one we have is half asses and badly designed, your just making me think your sweting with desperation and just throwing any old crap in this game to say "hey we added contents didn't we?) , its not entertaining.

Then comes the final boss which lets face it, those 2 damn hours you took to get there gives you sod all that you cant get at a vendor or the exchange counting for nothing, because you only get 2 valor tokens and there both on the end boss because the cube doesn't work, lets not put it on the other mini boss in there right, NO lets make all your hard work count for squat until you finally get the last boss down which is annoying and overpowered combined with the endless spawn of borg to the sides and front.

Infected is like making love if its goes on for too long you lose interest and get bored, it needs to be shortened down with a few less borg or may reduce the constant hold. infected actually makes me think what's the point if this is what we have to look forward to on future raids with a system that lacks comparabilities to other players so if you get people that leave because they have less patients that you because idiots cant stand still and jump around so you end up getting the shaft after 2 hours of crap you just did.

alot will disagree but you have to admit your really just glad its over at the end if you finaly get to do it.

And no its not my fault for getting onto groups that fail, because you don't know they fail till the time comes when you fight the boss, since you cant inspect there gear or ability to understand mechanics regardless how badly designed they are in this space mmo they are labelling statrek.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Now, your description of the "fail" of the STF is your opinion, and you are entitled to it. However, you say it required "no imagination," so complaining that your PuG couldn't do it effectively, making you glad it was over when you finished, seems to counter that thought.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
Now, your description of the "fail" of the STF is your opinion, and you are entitled to it. However, you say it required "no imagination," so complaining that your PuG couldn't do it effectively, making you glad it was over when you finished, seems to counter that thought.
the rent-a-mod has spoken. maybe if I spent 9 hours straight posting every few minutes here in an attempt to expose "trolls" n "haters", I too can feel a sense of self-worth..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-06-2010, 05:46 PM
In my opinion yes there was little imagination involved, that's my opinion and i didn't say i tried it with just one pug now did i? there appears to be many fails out there, it took many attempt which makes it not fun which is the opposite of what cryptic wants and it appears to have the same affect for many people.

It's supposed to be contents for everybody to do and have fun not spend over 2 hours getting to the end and making many attempts then people leaving, having to redo it it again and again and again, I'm sorry if my RL time isn't scheduled around this game, certain aspects of infected needs to be changed to make it more suitable and doable for for not just the hardcore i have no real life people which is what cryptic seems to be catering for.

yes i'll say it, infected is too difficult when you have to pug and you cant just rely on fleet members, adjustments need to be made, it isn't fun to spend over 2 hours in there and then another 2 hours and so on because people leave or have to go which you don't know that will happen till the end. cryptic assumed everybody did the dailies to get geared up, Yes i did it and doesn't take that long, but most haven't and some a new admirals of maybe a few days to a week which you have to contend with .

and I'm not complaining that my pug could not do it alot of them cant I've been in a few, this is my point, with this being THE only thing to do in this game there is very little option to say screw it I'm gonna go do something different, oh goody and exploration mission maybe? not like we all haven't did them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
03-06-2010, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
the rent-a-mod has spoken. maybe if I spent 9 hours straight posting every few minutes here in an attempt to expose "trolls" n "haters", I too can feel a sense of self-worth..
Don't you have your OWN forum to troll this game on?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
03-06-2010, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemhook View Post
there was little imagination
If the devs tried an imaginative mission I guarantee you there would be just as much crying on the forums from people. The tune would be, "Devs, how dare you make this too complex!"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
03-06-2010, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
the rent-a-mod has spoken. maybe if I spent 9 hours straight posting every few minutes here in an attempt to expose "trolls" n "haters", I too can feel a sense of self-worth..
oh snap.

yeah I hate that guy too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
03-06-2010, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetOfHats View Post
If the devs tried an imaginative mission I guarantee you there would be just as much crying on the forums from people. The tune would be, "Devs, how dare you make this too complex!"
People have already said that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
03-06-2010, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
oh snap.

yeah I hate that guy too.
too bad he spends 9hrs+ on a sat. here going after people instead of playing the game and being helpful to people stuck on missions or whatever.. oh well. I'm off. laters
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
03-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetOfHats View Post
If the devs tried an imaginative mission I guarantee you there would be just as much crying on the forums from people. The tune would be, "Devs, how dare you make this too complex!"
Whats complex amount it?, giving an npc the ability to hit you hard as hell and putting a few boxes over plasma which people tend to like to fall in allot, that's not classed as complex! were did you get that analogy from?.

The raid boss hardly has any mechanics, its game machanics that get you most of the time it's hardly, ground combat is just COH but without the superpowers.

So yeah not alot of imagination, stick you in a room with borg all around and a boss that hits hard, you kill her or she kills you and hope your healer and engineer can keep the group up. Not much imagination for instance borg does so so ability if you move you take take damage you cant attack on whatever phase so on and so on, its shoot and take her down first if your group actually stops falling in the overdone plasma pond.

As i said this is my opinion and feedback who are you to say feedback can only be positive? this is what i found negative about it, if the devs decide to ignore my post and not take anything i say on board so be it, but that's not your call to make, disagree if you wish but don't try and argue the fact like only a positive opinion is welcome, maybe as far as your concerned my thoughts don't have a place in your little world of good experiences, but this is my feedback and opinion.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:03 AM.