Lt. Commander
# 1 More Episodic Content!
03-06-2010, 05:11 PM
I think the community deserves this. Especially since the exploration is definitely not all that it can be, and the patrols feel... redundant.
The episodic missions are great in terms of story line. They typically are the thing that keeps me playing STO. So, why aren't there more?
I'm not saying that exploration is a bad idea or that pvp isn't fun, but they're both sorta broken right now and until they are fixed couldn't somebody just chunk out a series of storylines to fill the gap?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorko1 View Post
I think the community deserves this. Especially since the exploration is definitely not all that it can be, and the patrols feel... redundant.
The episodic missions are great in terms of story line. They typically are the thing that keeps me playing STO. So, why aren't there more?
I'm not saying that exploration is a bad idea or that pvp isn't fun, but they're both sorta broken right now and until they are fixed couldn't somebody just chunk out a series of storylines to fill the gap?
It's really a question of resources. I'd say that if they really devoted 2-3 weeks to improving and beefing up variety and complexity of exploration, patrol and pvp, then we wouldn't hate it so much. It would have more lasting improvements on the overall game than yet another buggy and rushed out raidisode.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-06-2010, 05:17 PM
signed and bumped. espescially Klingons. unfortunately, it doesnt look like they're in the works for the 1st update, from what i've seen on Tribble.

KDF gets 2 fleet actions, they are Dig SIte and Crystalline entity. 1 ground, 1 space
and neither zone chat nor local chat work in either of them

and 4 exploration missions which have their own brand spanking new sectors, which i cannot enter. upon clicking the prompt to 'warp to deep space' i am promptly notified by the KDF traffic control i am 'not cleared to enter deep space'. this happened for all 4 new areas.

NO episodic content for KDF whatsoever on Tribble as of yet.

i understand that Tribble is up so we can test new content, and today is just the first day that it's up.
and i have filed bug reports in-game.

but how exactly are we suppose to test new content we can't get to? and yes i had a friend of mine that was a Lt. try to get into T'ong Nebula after picking up the mission for it, he couldnt get in either.

how do i form a group for a fleet action if i cant use zone or local chat? (btw, in both FA's -crystalline entity and dig site-i was the only non-NPC on either map, w/no other maps available when i went to change instances)

also, these are suppose to be released in 2 weeks. Cryptic has to get these areas OPEN before then, so we can actually TEST them.