Lt. Commander
# 51 I'm done
03-06-2010, 05:56 PM
I have been playing since open beta and really enjoy the game. I do not want to sit and whine about every little thing wrong with a game that has been out a month, but I have hit level cap and am bored as hell. It took me three times as long to get to level 55 in WoW. Just sayn'. The ship stuff is great, but there needs to more to it. Ground combat works, mostly. The best advice I can give you to get me back, more variety. I think this has been a really good start to something that could be huge, and I am really glad I spent the time and money on this game to this point, but I will not be renewing for April and will not be back until something really piques my interest.

Good luck going forward.
Lt. Commander
# 52
03-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Why don't you take this to the General Gameplay Feedback Forum?

As for the whole "make it more like EVE": don't!

There are a TON of bad design choices in EVE: user interface, character creation, etc.

There are some good things: robust economy, awards case, etc.

However, I'd like to see STO be more like SWG Pre-NGE/Pre-CU: lots of options, fun economy, rewarded players for helping others, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 53
03-06-2010, 06:26 PM
The Thing I dislike most about EVE is what passes for PvP! I mean by some definitions it does fit what is considered to be "PvP". But what it really amounts to is gank squads at choke points on the map. So it's completely lacking any form of "balance", or fair "competition". Which makes it just an opportunity for gang minded individuals to grief other players.

STO doesn't need ANY of that type of "Gameplay" (and I'm using that term very loosely!) to succeed. In fact what might be more conducive to success might be to eliminate Any player who wants STO to be "like EVE".
Lt. Commander
# 54
03-06-2010, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobelius-Tertiary-Adjunct
want to improve startrek online... make it more like eve online and less like world of ********

eve online u can play for 6 years and still not finish learning. the best mmo in the world to me
No thank you. I played EVE for a year and I hated it. I don't want STO looking anything like EVE (except the graphics) or playing like it.
Lt. Commander
# 55
03-06-2010, 06:49 PM
I would just like for my ship to go as fast as it should, if I have a ship that can only go warp 8 then it should go warp 8. If i have a ship like the discovery i should be able to go warp 9.995. am i wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 56
03-06-2010, 06:56 PM
If you're going to post on a Star Trek forum, you should at least know that it's two words.