Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Other than the 42 hours it took me to download the client and the patch, and the corrupted zip file error (thank you, 7-Zip!) , I haven't had many problems with STO so far, and no showstoppers. I have dual NVidia GeForce 9600GT cards in an SLI arrangement with the older 190.62 driver and only 2 gig of RAM, but overall performance is good and lag has been acceptable over DSL for a Friday night. I have yet to see any rubberbanding or graphic stuttering. Also, I have Realtek HD integrated audio with a 2-year-old driver but the game sound came right up. These were both aggravating problem areas for many people.

These are the only issues I ran into:

When undocking from Earth spacedock, I find myself standing in space in my body among a bunch of ships for a couple of seconds (already reported issue)

When docking into Earth spacedock, and also when beaming onto a couple of the planets, I find myself laying on the floor in ship form for a couple of seconds (already reported issue)

On Patrolling Vulcan Sector mission, while destroying drydocks in the Bhea system, the drydock vessel hull graphics disappeared if I got alongside while attacking and my beams wound up firing into empty space where the hull was supposed to be, but there was no problem from above or below.

The load time to get into the Pico system was atypically long (3 or 4 minutes).

While on the first system of the Patrolling Orion Sector mission. I died right as the group destroyed the Klingon installation, but still got the "Mission Completed" message. However, when I left the sector after respawning, I got a second respawn in the Sirius Sector and the tick-mark for mission completion never showed up in my mission list. Someone else had the same problem at the same time with the Una mission.

An annoying graphics issue: upon mission completion, the light-blue success message text scrolls in from the left of the screen and gets mingled illegibly with the text of the same color in the underlying window so that I can never read it before it goes away.

When warping into a system, the mission assignment window for the next mission sometimes flashes briefly onto the screen before the warp fx is finished, then it comes up normally after that.

The Borg in the tutorial Engineering defense mini-mission were jumping around like they were on pogo sticks (someone already reported this).

I bought a Science Officer but the requisition never showed up in my inventory. Someone said on the forums that the BOFF should still show up in the assignment tab, but I haven't been back on since the server was taken down earlier this evening.

That's about it, pretty minor stuff considering it's still in beta. The space battle action is well-done (even if it does feel a bit like an Age-of-Sail naval battle), but I agree with others that the ground combat is kinda dull.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-17-2010, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwil
On Patrolling Vulcan Sector mission, while destroying drydocks in the Bhea system, the drydock vessel hull graphics disappeared if I got alongside while attacking and my beams wound up firing into empty space where the hull was supposed to be, but there was no problem from above or below.
exact same thing happens to me, but if you move the camera angle you can see it again
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-06-2010, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwil
I just did this mission on the Tribble shard (I'm starting from scratch) the haul of the drydock got to 0% and instead of it going boom it disappears.