Lt. Commander
# 1 Diburnium Hull Plating
03-06-2010, 09:02 PM
This is a very simple suggestion. Currently, Diburnium Hull Plating Mk X grants +30% Phaser and +30% Disruptor damage resistance. That just doesn't make sense to me. The armor that works best against disruptors should not be the same type that works best against phasers. These weapons work on different principles, from what I understand from Trek lore.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-06-2010, 09:38 PM
As I recall, Phasers shift individual atoms out of phase, thus breaking the molecular bond. Where as, Disrupters simply "brute force" the molecular bond ripping them apart. Same result, same cure, a strengthened molecular bond. Problem solved.

Bj
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-06-2010, 09:58 PM
Cryptic Supervisor: We need to make some ship armor pieces. Where should we start.

Cryptic Developer: Well, Phasers and Disruptors are the most common to start. And people will probably like them for their lower SP cost and better overall Procs.

Cryptic Supervisor: Alright, then put a bonus to both of those. Just rub some treknobabble on them so it looks good.

Cryptic Developer: Well ****... Hmm, dilithium means "two". So we'll go with "Di" something. Beams "burn" the target. So we'll call them "Diburnium", that sounds sufficiently geeky.