Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Big Ship Slide Lag
03-05-2010, 05:28 AM
I have every T5 ship for klink side, and the only ship i seem to have any lag with is the Neg'Vah. It is not client side since I was doing fine a little over a week ago. But, what happens is I can be flying at a target at 1/2 impulse usually and turn hard in a direction. Once I am turned the way I want to go I continue sliding in the direction I was originally going. This only happens on the Neg'Vah, but I do not use my carrier much since I am not fond of that thing just yet.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-05-2010, 09:27 PM
Yeah this happens to me too with the Sovergein Class ship, im going to assume its all of T5 and not just the big ships, but i neever know. Anyone have any info on this?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-05-2010, 09:39 PM
I would assume its not a bug, just that your ship is so massive it can't take turns that fast, mass and thrust still apply in space. Give it more engine power. xD
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-06-2010, 05:26 AM
Love the avatar Trekk, really makes me wonder what shes looking at lol. But seriously, I was not having any issue with this about 2 weeks after the game went live. Just trying to figure out if it is server lag, graphics issue, or whatever else it might be.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-06-2010, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XedoeSR View Post
Love the avatar Trekk, really makes me wonder what shes looking at lol. But seriously, I was not having any issue with this about 2 weeks after the game went live. Just trying to figure out if it is server lag, graphics issue, or whatever else it might be.
Heh it's from "Trials and Tribble-ations" it's her reaction to the temporal investigators.

Well what I mean is your in such a massive ship that banking to fast would cause you to "slide" in the direction you were going. Kind of like in this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wivplBVrxeM 45 sec in. See how the ship was going straight, then gets rocked, spinning around on its axis but still going in the same direction even though its a full impulse, it should have turned in the new direction but the mass of the ship at the speed it was going and the force of the turn doesn't allow it. Now right before it goes to warp it starts to level out but is still moving in the general direction it was going so it slides a bit. Here's another vid where the ship itself makes a hard turn. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQYn8nqA0fk it "slides' too, though not as much, but its a smaller ship with not as much mass as a larger ship. So if your in a larger ship your gonna slide more even at lower speeds.

Yes, your crew is splatted to the wall/floor when you bank to hard. xD

That's my understanding of it anyway. Forgive my rambling, I'm not good at explaining things. lol
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-06-2010, 09:49 PM
yeah, i understand that its part of the physics of the game, but it is kinda annoying, some of the big ships are not much more massive than other cruisers.