Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrax73
The thing people use to do all the time in old mmo like vanilla everquest, before the power gamers with their step-by-step strategy guides, vent required, and minimum raid attendance showed up screaming how great they are for beating the hardest things on planet earth, digital critters.
This is very true . . . I'm glad that there are developers willing to cater to people who actually try to make lasting friends and relationships with the people they meet in these Online worlds. Isn't that the point of these games? To bring people together for the common purpose of accomplishing a goal? Establish a mark in the world, help one another advance in the game and actually have fun?

I'm very happy that Cryptic created a game that is very casual in nature, but for those looking for a challenge and an opportunity to practice true teamwork, then this is the answer. I don't think there is anything wrong with providing challenging content that works best for a tight group of friends to work through. Ventrillo access really just helps subvert the time it takes to type instructions. However, Vent should never really be mandatory, but I understand the sentiment.