Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EremiticWolf View Post
In my eyes, cloaking during battle and running away makes the Klingons that do so honorless. Keep your cloak and use it often.
And we get to the heart of the matter right there. You want nice, "honor" minded Klingons who will sit still all the time and be properly shot to pieces when the situation is against their favor.

There are times when I have to do that, much to my displeasure, since I'm a Negv'har skipper. I have no battle cloak, so when I drop cloak and join festivities, I'm usually there for the duration of the fireworks. Once I fight, I'll keep punching you in the face, since I hit hard enough that you can't just ignore me. If that gives the BoP captains the opportunity to weave in and out of the fight, cloaking and decloaking, as they are DESIGNED to do, then so be it. If it gives the Raptor captains a chance to live just a few more seconds and hit hard with all their offensive capability since they have no battle cloak, then so be it. If my prolonged presence in a fight helps keep the Carrier captains alive longer (they draw ALOT of fire), then so be it. If my prolonged presence and eventual destruction is required for the rest of the guys to escape safely to cloak and regroup, so be it. I'll go out in a fighting withdrawal like Kor, the Dahar Master, and hopefully save the rest of my team in doing so.

But make no mistake... just like other veterans of the KDF, when the opportunity presents itself, I will cloak. I will hide, and I will prowl. Like the predators we are, we look for the weakest links. You can tell yourself who they are in your own Federation lineup, just by their performance. When the opportunity is right, then I will join my comrades to pounce.

What I find as a disservice to the Empire are the captains that feed into an obviously hopeless fight to get themselves killed and their ship blown apart, for no good reason, and not rally up returning units for an organized counterattack.