Lt. Commander
# 21
03-07-2010, 04:11 PM
Quote:
I don't think it would be likely that we will ever allow the Klingons to invade Earth Space Doc as a random open world event. PvP in STO will always be consensual.
Wouldn't a flaggd for PvP system be consensual PvP?
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EremiticWolf View Post
Wouldn't a flaggd for PvP system be consensual PvP?
They screwed up and didnt use their canned reponses with the correct questions. My question was answered later in the feature. I believe this was the answer they meant for my question.

Quote:
We have plans for a bunch of new PvP maps and even some PvP events down the line. There are lots of new PvP features, and new space and ground games planned. A persistent territory game is being worked on, but a release date has not yet been determined. We plan on supporting PvP gameplay on a regular basis.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-08-2010, 07:38 AM
The Q&A was a complete waste of time. They answered no questions that would give anyone any reason to keep playing Klingon.

After all the denial from Zinc that Klingons weren't monster play for people wanting a diversion from their Fed characters, that is EXACTLY all they are now, and all they'll ever be.

Zinc, and the other Cryptic producers involved with decisions regarding the Klingon faction, should be ashamed of themselves for how they've bungled things. They don't deserve to call themselves game developers. They're amateurs without a clue. Completely without a clue. I'd say they were as dumb as a sack of hammers, except they were smart enough, and dishonest enough, to bilk a bunch of us out of our hard earned money in the end. I imagine that's one of the things they pat themselves on the back about. It must be, because there's not much else they could possibly be proud of.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-08-2010, 08:28 AM
The funny thing is there's actually some interesting sounding stuff on the test server for PvP. Looks like a new scenario map and supposedly one or two more "open PvP" maps.

I don't understand why they don't talk about it in high-visibility stuff like "Ask Cryptic". The only people who care about new melee weapons or ship customization are the people who are so hooked, they'd keep playing anyway, but the people who are quitting or on the edge of doing so are not going to be swayed by fluff. They may be swayed by talking in depth about upcoming PvP content, though.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-08-2010, 09:00 AM
That post had more fluff than a moon full of tribbles. KLINGONS DO NOT WANT TRIBBLES.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-08-2010, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
I don't understand why they don't talk about it in high-visibility stuff like "Ask Cryptic". The only people who care about new melee weapons or ship customization are the people who are so hooked, they'd keep playing anyway, but the people who are quitting or on the edge of doing so are not going to be swayed by fluff. They may be swayed by talking in depth about upcoming PvP content, though.

That would mean they actually had a plan and it's not looking like they do. As you've rightfully pointed out most of this is fluff. They are more concerned about keeping Fed players happy then actually forming a true Klingon faction . It still amazes me that they have the gall to discuss other factions when they can't even do the Klingon faction correctly. It's becoming painfully obvious that they either don't have the ability or the engine is incapable of doing the things they thought.

They are nerfing cannons , at least the reason given , because the Feds are burning through missions too quickly. What they should do is be honest , but I'm not sure they can be this far in, and say there are builds out there that are not functioning as intended.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-08-2010, 09:47 AM
Fluff or not they did say this about pvp...

Quote:
a bunch of new PvP maps and even some PvP events down the line. There are lots of new PvP features, and new space and ground games planned. A persistent territory game is being worked on
The next step for them should be to show us these improvements. They should do a feature on how they are planning to improve PvP.
  • Screenshots or video walkthroughs of new maps.
  • Developer commentary/write-ups on the new space and ground pvp games.
  • Developer commentary/write-ups on the direction they plan on taking "persistent territories" and how they plan on implementing them.

I know that sounds simple enough, but those kind of things would do volumes to ease people's minds and show that Cryptic has a direction for where they are wanting PVP (and in turn Klingons) to go.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-11-2010, 11:02 AM
Well, I don't think I will ever get into the Cardassian/ Dominion faction now. This game is ok and everything, but it's even less finished than swg emu(at least the klingon side).