Lt. Commander
# 11
03-07-2010, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EremiticWolf View Post
Oh I knew you didn't mean everyone agasint everyone. Just thought it sounded interresting that I can be doing a mission and have a one or more klingon ships decloak. Think I might try it tonight.
I've jumped in my carrier a few times in that area and was set upon by just about everyone. Amusingly when i die often my explosion when i reappear takes out some suckers who are at the warp in point
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-07-2010, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Oh I knew you didn't mean everyone agasint everyone. Just thought it sounded interresting that I can be doing a mission and have a one or more klingon ships decloak. Think I might try it tonight.
IMO, for your Fed perspective, it'd be better if there were more of us KDF to... spice things up in such a way. TBH, very few KDF players attack you guys in that area in such a way. But when we do, it causes all kinds of problems, and the Feds who are focused on PvE at that moment alot of times don't realize what's going on until everyone starts blowing up
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmaker01 View Post
IMO, for your Fed perspective, it'd be better if there were more of us KDF to... spice things up in such a way. TBH, very few KDF players attack you guys in that area in such a way. But when we do, it causes all kinds of problems, and the Feds who are focused on PvE at that moment alot of times don't realize what's going on until everyone starts blowing up
What level is it for, can't remember. Trying to level up my Klingon alt.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-07-2010, 07:52 PM
Usually it is mostly Feds and they get the mission done in a few minutes, but the last couple of days the KDF has ruled. It is much easier for us as we can cloak in and scan and then cloak and get very close to the hubs and destroy them before the cubes can kill us.

Good fun. I like to kill borg damaged feds while running around.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-08-2010, 01:31 AM
Its the only pvp zone i know of then that is not in the queue system anyhow to me its pve call it what you will but when some pve'er goes in there to complete a pve mission I let them. The point being that in all honesty I dont want to scare people away from that part of the game. So unless its a pvp zone in the Q system I tend to leave them alone.. however if they shoot first well that's a different story.

Having gone into that zone today and had 5 feds attempt to kill me off and on I had no issue killing them. I do however consider it a pve zone so if someone gets upset I leave them be. I prefer my um victims to be voluntary.. after that they can complain to me about whatever (and they have done often) but until that time I like to walk the other side of the line and let them finish their mission if they so choose to or race them to finish the thing the pve way.. and not touch them unless they touch me seeing as i'm OP.. blah blah blah..
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-08-2010, 01:32 AM
Quote:
What level is it for, can't remember. Trying to level up my Klingon alt.
It starts at lt commander actually
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-08-2010, 02:13 PM
I kinda felt sorry for the Klingons who were attacking everyone when I did that mission. They were trying so hard to get people to express anger, but no one really cared. Respawn, fly a few feet, finish killing the objectives. Few minutes later, done.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Cryptic calls these zones "iPvP" -- indirect PvP aka PvPvE.

Currently there are only 2 -- one Fed vs Klingon and one Klingon vs Klingon (it seems to just put you on a random team).

According to their engineering notes they are opening more zones like this soon. In beta there was a ground combat version of Borg Hunt in the Ohta system in the neutral zone. I really enjoyed hunting the Feds down in there and am very much looking forward to it opening back up.

And yeah, it's a "war zone" situated in the neutral zone. You consent to PvP when you zone in there. I have no sympathy for complainers in there. A lot of times the Feds give up on doing the mission and just fight us, in fact.

Ideally you can ensure that the Klingons win the mission by having some people fight the Feds to distract them but since it doesn't matter who wins, there's not a lot of point to it (except personal entertainment).
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PresidentCamacho
I kinda felt sorry for the Klingons who were attacking everyone when I did that mission. They were trying so hard to get people to express anger, but no one really cared. Respawn, fly a few feet, finish killing the objectives. Few minutes later, done.
When I roll in there in my KDF warship, I don't really care if the Feds get mad or not. I don't care if the overall mission against the Borg succeeds or fails. All I care about is killing Feds, which I have PvP quests that reward me for doing so. Plus, it's satisfying to hunt, prowl, and finally attacking my prey when it suits me best.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-09-2010, 01:11 AM
Went in there tonight, Was fighting a Borg sphere, seen some green beams coming from behind me and what do I see? A group of Klingon ships. I targeted one, fired back but, along with the Borg spheres shooting me, my ship was taken out. Taught me a lessen. Watch my aft, and try not to get in that situation again. I had a good time tonight. I'll be in there tomorrow. :p

I did get some revenge though. Seen a couple of Federation ships firing on a Klingon ship, I went full impulse in targeted the klingon ship, hit the tractor beam and kept him there so he could "feel the love."

We need more " open areas" like this, IMHO. As I have said before I hate waiting to PvP. I do now right now though the Klingon side doesn't have alot of players. What is a good klingon missions to level up fast?