Lt. Commander
# 1 2405 era Uniforms
02-28-2010, 02:20 AM
In an effort to place this in the proper location, this is being reposted from here.

The 2405 era uniforms that were used in both the TNG and the STV finales seem to be absent. Seems a few of us assumed they would be included with the standard fare, and were disappointed when they weren't.

Reference Pictures

Since the game opens in 2407, these could be considered relevant. And while considered ugly by some, they would be a welcome addition to the game by quite a few folks. Some hate them however, but tend to like the commbadge. (see avatar)
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-28-2010, 04:09 AM
ya really. I would love to see all of them.

would also, like to load a saved uniform preset to my crew. having to change them individuallly gets annoying
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-28-2010, 04:24 AM
I'm for that uniform in all variations. And I would like to be able to use the commbadge on different uniforms. As can be seen here there was at least one time(line) where it was used with the TNG movie uniform: http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/File...,_Timeless.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-28-2010, 01:49 PM
I just rewatched Endgame again last night haha. I'm happy those uniforms aren't in game. They look like cheap one-sies. Besides, with the timeline so significantly altered (especially with the blow dealt to the borg) and the Starfleet open uniform policy instituted, its a surefire bet they never existed (and thus weren't added).
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-28-2010, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatwalshguy View Post
I just rewatched Endgame again last night haha. I'm happy those uniforms aren't in game. They look like cheap one-sies. Besides, with the timeline so significantly altered (especially with the blow dealt to the borg) and the Starfleet open uniform policy instituted, its a surefire bet they never existed (and thus weren't added).
They existed so far in three different alternate futures, the communicator existed in four. And the open uniform policy makes it rather certain that there is somewhere a ship that uses that uniform style.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-28-2010, 05:09 PM
maybe because they are ugly as sin?

i wouldn't wear one, but if you want to then you should be able to.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-28-2010, 05:21 PM
I don't get the open uniform policy. Isn't starfleet a military organization??

also those uniforms were an alternate uniform from an alternate timeline. AKA...not in the "real" timeline.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-07-2010, 06:15 PM
Those uniforms were from Q's alternate timeline, so that timeline is not even a "real" timeline.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_h View Post
Those uniforms were from Q's alternate timeline, so that timeline is not even a "real" timeline.
Actually, they appeared in three Star Trek series, and in two of the three instances, had nothing to do with Q at all.

They were featured in TNG: All Good Things, DS9: The Visitor, and VOY: Endgame if memory serves.