Ok this is totally insane. No I’m not crying but come on! I have been an admiral for a while now and have been waiting to see what’s next for the game. I come on this weekend to see what’s new and find this mission called Infected. I’m excited and tell my kids to leave daddy alone today, he’s got to save the universe from the borg.
I sit back and watch for a bit while people are talking in zone chat about the mission. Then join a team. That was Saturday at 1pm cst . I been on countless teams and haven’t done anything but eat, sleep, and play STO and guess what, still haven’t beaten the queen. Oh, it’s just past midnight on Sunday. Now I understand that I might have been on a bad team but say 5 to 8 bad teams in a row? The last two teams, I asked for people that had done the mission before. Every team I was on could not beat the queen. Couldn’t get past the one shot kill from the queen? That’s just plain stupid. I love this game so far, and I understand that things are new and evolving but come on. Use your heads guys The mission should be hard yes.. But not damn near impossible. Again I’m not a sore loser and it’s not like I and many other haven’t tried to beat it. So I really don’t care to hear responses saying I didn’t give it enough effort. I have a few suggestions to improve the mission
1. The long insane walks you have to do on the star base…. Did you developers forget how to include a new spawn point? You spend most of your time running back to the action after you get killed
2. Lower the damage output on the queen. The one or two shot kills is stupid
3. What’s the idea with all the skill points you can earn? As a admiral lvl 5 can’t use them.
Here is what’s good
1. The space fight is hard but fun
2. I love the idea of fighting the borg . they seem to act well like a borg should. Again hard but not to insane
3. love the drops….nice MK X stuff
I’m again telling people that the game has a great beginning but still hasn’t quite nailed it. I keep hoping they fix the silly bugs and in a lot of cases they have. But this Infected mission is another example where they didn’t seem to get the simple issues right. Over all its looks great
One last thing. You want great missions? Make more like the Q mission we have. That is bar none the best mission we have in this game so far.
Would love to hear what you all think