Lt. Commander
# 31
03-08-2010, 03:12 AM
I'm really starting to get annoyed that it's ALWAYS the same group of people affected by this downtime.

We pay the same amount of money for the game yet seem to be considered unimportant. Just because it's not prime time in America doesn't mean we should be forced to constantly endure the downtime and "take one for the team". We've taken a lot more then one for the team.

How about you consider a rotating time for the downtime cryptic are I am among the many to never be truly heard.

flame away..
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-08-2010, 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.S.S.Krieger
I really don't know why announcements threads such as this allow replies. It's always the same thing: "what's in the patch", "that's my prime time", "why is it always during my prime time?", "did I mention this was my prime time?"

Release Notes are published in a separate thread, and lately they seem to post them quicker, even before the patch window starts.
You missed out the other 2 usual content posts in these threads.

1 The posts pointing out that the above are the usual posts.

2. The posts pointing out there are another 2 types of post.
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-08-2010, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMaster View Post
There isn't one. Times are generally always 3am - 5am PST (Do your own GMT math). Seeing as it's generally only once per week, with a few exceptions, you should have plenty of play time outside of that window, so your 'I can never play' QQ is meaningless.
generaly only ones a week u must be from the states last 2 weeks we have had a lot of maintenance/ patch times i know its early in the development of the game and i agree that 1 weekday fo patches/ maintenance would not be a problem but specialy for those not living on united states continetnal time zones losing 2 hours for 5 days in 2 weeks can realy suck the fun out of playing a game.
Lt. Commander
# 34 Rotating down time
03-08-2010, 03:44 AM
Hi all

Just wondering if there is any way that future downtime can be at a different time of the day.

3am - 5am PST is 10pm - midnight in Eastern Australia.

Handy gaming hours for those with, you know, jobs and stuff.

I also note that elsewhere it has been published that this is a top selling game in the UK. Not sure how they feel over there getting the game pulled in the middle of the day.

Maybe each "scheduled downtime" can be moved forward 2 hours. eg - the next one would be 5am-7am PST, the one after that 7am-9am PST.. That way everyone gets to get ****ed off once every 6 weeks (as this game seems to go down twice a week).
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-08-2010, 03:50 AM
All has been written and read before.
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-08-2010, 04:08 AM
Maintenance is complete and the servers are back up!
Closed Thread