Lt. Commander
Currently, the more I zoom out, the more silent the SFX becomes. (Which is somewhat annyoing).

When I fire a phaser or a torpedo, I want to hear that sound, regardless of my zoom.

I've seen such an option in some other games. Shouldn't be that hard to implement...
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-05-2010, 09:47 AM
Oh man, I so want this. I like the "Tseewww" sounds but it makes it hard to see. I tried turning up the SFX slider but it has close to no effect.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-05-2010, 10:02 AM
I think this is a must have for any game with camera scaling and zooming.

I wand to be able to hear my ship's phasers but I also fly with my camera zoomed out quite a bit.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-05-2010, 10:10 AM
i second, third, and fourth this motion!!!
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-06-2010, 10:21 AM
guess this isn't that important of an issue for other people....

For me, I just want to be able to hear the phasers and what not. I've tried to turn the music down to compensate for the quieter phaser sounds and crank my volume but then the game seems to mock me by not having any plasma, tetryon or polaron weapon sound effects at all. I maybe hear 1 out of every 50 torpedo launches and usually those aren't even my own.

What really pains me is that I have this really nice 5.1 system and 90% of the games that I play don't take advantage of it. Even the most hardcore, popular FPSs don't take advantage of my rear speaks for what ever reason, and yeah, they're all set up right.

I think the only game I can think off off the top of my head that the surround sound was so awesome was Dungeon Lord, the ambient sounds made me look out my window to see if a bird was sitting on my window sill many a times. And you could hear a ghoul snarling behind you just before he started gnawing on your head.

Just goes to show you how far a head we were in gaming back then. We had all of the detailed stuff down then this whole "next gen" crap hit and it's all about the graphics and the hard core action and the twitch and so one, but I'm off topic.

Please give the sound a good looking at guys.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrakkar
Currently, the more I zoom out, the more silent the SFX becomes. (Which is somewhat annyoing).

When I fire a phaser or a torpedo, I want to hear that sound, regardless of my zoom.

I've seen such an option in some other games. Shouldn't be that hard to implement...
I had resigned myself to the lower sound levels when zoomed out, but what I was unprepared for was the Instananeous Leap in Volume when another ship crossed between the camera and my little ship.

The sound went from mild to full blast. Aside from scaring the bejeebers out of me, it tends to wake up the wife when I'm playing late at night...she doesn't have a 'stun' setting on her phaser-like eyes when that happens
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-08-2010, 09:57 AM
Come on cryptic, how about a look into this?

As it stands I need to be zoomed WAAAAAAY in in order to hear my plasma beams.