Lt. Commander
# 21
03-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebon
I'm impressed by your game, it's quite fun with its PVE/PVP on space/ground and I will probably play it till the end of times because i'm a fan of you know what.

But, please, we are not the "Fearderation". We don't vaporize people, we don't kill babies (remember the jem'hadar eggs ?), we don't shoot at first sight, we don't detroy stuff just for the fun...etc.

Or maybe we are playing a mirror universe without knowing ?

So, it would be cool for fed players to put weapons on stun (would be easy to do), to make people KO rather than vaporize them for the expose attacks, and it would be cool to write missions (and rewrite old missions) with some diplomacy/science/talk options and more humour (you can do it , there are many examples).

In fact, you should introduce some kind of bonus XP for finishing missions without massacres:

- the kids would kill everyone, get the reward and jump to the next slaughters
- the fan of star trek would play the diplomacy card, speak with everyone, do some scan and find the solution without blood on their hands (and get a reward for doing it in the spirit of Star Trek). You have to hire some writers for this but the game, people who can give use missions with different ends (ala Bioware).

So please, more science and less violence, because the Federation is not the Fearderation !
Speak for yourself, for I rather enjoy being a Spartan of the Federation! To war I go because it is called upon me to kill my enemy with extreme prejudice and let their blood flow like a river through space. Oh yes I call on Fear and Hate and we will go marching into victory!

FOR SPARTA!
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-08-2010, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
I think some people have a problem with the fact that people can commit acts like this AND sleep at night.
Kinda like the airport mission in MW2 where you go undercover as a member of the mafia. I had no problem walking through the airport and gunning down hundreds of people and slept just fine heh. I kinda found it more disturbing that Infinity Ward felt it necessary to put an option to bypass the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akikisaragi
Kinda like the airport mission in MW2 where you go undercover as a member of the mafia. I had no problem walking through the airport and gunning down hundreds of people and slept just fine heh. I kinda found it more disturbing that Infinity Ward felt it necessary to put an option to bypass the mission.
I agree, people who think the world is full of roses and sunshine and they same people who get us into wars because they don't wanna act.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-08-2010, 04:06 PM
I think the closing scenes in Fallout 3 explains it well. You can play how ever you try but in the end "War...war never changes"

that should apply here. yes in the end it is wartime. but theres all kinds of ways to play a role in a war. in STO were pigeonhold into only one way, and thats not going to cut it in my book. Its a mmo, strong IP and 2010. time to raise the bar a bit higher kids. Leave the "shoot 'em up" for Bad Company or CoD or whatever.
and war wouldn't have to change for us, we just change ourselves for our place in it.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
I think the closing scenes in Fallout 3 explains it well. You can play how ever you try but in the end "War...war never changes"

that should apply here. yes in the end it is wartime. but theres all kinds of ways to play a role in a war. in STO were pigeonhold into only one way, and thats not going to cut it in my book. Its a mmo, strong IP and 2010. time to raise the bar a bit higher kids. Leave the "shoot 'em up" for Bad Company or CoD or whatever.
and war wouldn't have to change for us, we just change ourselves for our place in it.
That is why I think it should be an option. Give the player a choice on how to resolve the situation.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuber
Your "Jem'Hadar" babies would be trying to kill you by day 3.

Jean-Luc Picard sure as hell tried to vaporize Ensign Lynch.

Anyway, we've already discussed this. Remembering Star Trek selectively as you wish to remember it doesn't help us get to the reality of the series. The Federation did "what the situation required" in many instances.

Hell, where do you think The Maquis came from? They were upset at the Federation for a reason, and it wasn't because they were being treated well.

Also, you may consult the last few episodes of Deep Space 9 if you have any further doubts. There were an awful lot of deaths in those last episodes. Sisko didn't feel like a toast with bloodwine after it, but he did it nonetheless.
No he didn't. When he, Admiral Ross and General Martok all land on Cardassia, Martok tries to celebrate with bloodwine and both Sisko and Ross poor theirs out and walk away leaving Martok to scoff and drink alone.
Lt. Commander
# 27
I agree with OP. I for one really want to have the option to deal with situations WITHOUT having to "shoot first NOT ask questions later."
Lt. Commander
# 28
Quote:
That is why I think it should be an option. Give the player a choice on how to resolve the situation.
agreed. after all it means more options ie content, which alot of us have had issue with from the get go.
to prioritize the future content for ME anyway would go like this:

1. fix skill system/cap
2. diplomacy content
3. endgame ccontent, mainly larger than 5 man dribble
4. Klink content and ALOT of that.
5. open up more character slots and add C-store stuff thats actually useful
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
agreed. after all it means more options ie content, which alot of us have had issue with from the get go.
to prioritize the future content for ME anyway would go like this:

1. fix skill system/cap
2. diplomacy content
3. endgame ccontent, mainly larger than 5 man dribble
4. Klink content and ALOT of that.
5. open up more character slots and add C-store stuff thats actually useful
I can agree with this list. Although I would add bug fixes amongst it as well.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Quote:
I appreciate that of course. Like I said I think players should have the option of more diplomacy and the like. However since this is a game. I don't want to see the current options removed is all I am saying. The one thing I never liked about the Federation, and they are my favorite faction. Is this "I love you, you love me" attitude.
Its not I love you, you love me. its I respect you, please return the courtesy. Violence and warfare is a last resort tactic of the federation, after exhausting all diplomatic avenues. This is canon. Its like saying my Jedi knight should have the right to use the dark side of the force but not turn sith. Some things are more important then game mechanics, being true to the doctrines of the federation and starfleet is one of them. Otherwise don't call it Star Trek Online because it isn't.