Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Come on guys ... you have an entire faction (obviously a popular one) that is dependant on PvP .... and here we sit over a month out and the system to access it still doesn't work!

1) You have got to fix it so an arena doesn't start until there are full teams on both sides! Its no fun to be the 1 guy that spawns in an arena, when the other team is full! Its no fun to be the full team hunting down the one guy that did spawn!

2) Why is it, that we have to queue up for a particular map? Why can't we just queue up for the next available space map, or the next available ground map? I'd live in one (or both) of those queues if they were available, because I don't care which of the three maps I get when I queue for space or ground ... in fact, almost every team I'm on, always queues for all three maps of whatever type of PvP they want to do.

3) Something is wrong with the map queuing logic .... I am talking to my friends, they are in assimilated cruiser ... there's three of them in there. They say, "Come into assimilated with us." So I queue. I get put in a map by myself with ZERO opponents ... and they still only have 3 in their instance of it ... against a full team of opponents. Come on.

4) While I applaud the effort made with the queuing system in the last patch, you apparently broke something, because now, if you queue and change maps (go to a different sector, enter a fleet action, warp out of a mission) it randomly drops you from a (or even all) queue.

5) Set up the maps so that when the other team leaves the arena because they don't want to lose (or let you win) ... it starts a 2m timer .... at the end of that 2m, the arena starts awarding the team that still there 1 point every 15s until they win or opponents come into the arena.

6) Once you fixed it, so people only go in with full teams ... anyone leaving an arena should have a 15m cool down timer before they can queue for any further PvP.

7) No one should respawn on top of an opponent. No one. That is just non-sense. I can't count how many times I've respawned alone in the middle of an entire team of opponents, or visa versa.

8) Spawn camping should be a NO! Seriously, every time you log into a game one side or the other is spawn camping!

I won't even get into the all the graphics problems of the maps ... that's already been discussed.

An entire faction is dependant on a broken system. THAT ALONE should make this a #1 priority.

And frankly guys, PvP queues are MMO-101 stuff at this point in any MMO development. You shouldn't still be having these problems!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make this a priority and fix this!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-08-2010, 08:27 AM
I wanted to add one other thing ....

What is with, you use a hypo, or a shield recharge ... and you're killed before the animation ever starts, but yet you're still charged for the use?

Either you used it, or you didn't. You shouldn't be charged for it if it wasn't applied.

And also ... how is it EVERYTHING I need for PvP is at Ganalda (as it should be) .... but as a Fed, if I want to buy Hypos or Shield Recharges .... I have to to go to DS9 or Andoria, buy them, and then fly back to K7????
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-08-2010, 08:52 AM
i don't know if it has been fixed but... today playing like a klingon we were 7 to 3... in a small map (five min on team... and it seemed that the game incorporated 2 feds to the klingons faction automaticaly!!!

There're a lot of things wrong with the PvP and the klingons factions (like have the fed icon on yor windows contact on the side of the name)
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-08-2010, 12:17 PM
There are a number of different issues currently affecting the PvP queue system. The development team is examining each of them and working on fixes as quickly as possible. So, you can be assured that they are giving PvP the love it needs, but you won't see it suddenly fixed overnight. Each change needs to be fully implemented, tested, and approved before it can go in.

Thanks for your patience!
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-08-2010, 04:05 PM
This really is a big problem, since PvP is so important to Klingons.

Possibly the silliest one I've ever seen happened today: I got a 1v0 match. Yup, I was the only player who joined, on a map that was supposed to spawn with 10 players.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-08-2010, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miiru
This really is a big problem, since PvP is so important to Klingons.

Possibly the silliest one I've ever seen happened today: I got a 1v0 match. Yup, I was the only player who joined, on a map that was supposed to spawn with 10 players.
you're not the only one with this problem