If you have purchased a Legacy or Starter Pack, please see this thread for instructions on how to claim your items in-game. (Please see the yellow text in the linked thread for instructions on creating a Reman.) (Not seeing your pack in-game? Please see the lime-green text in the linked thread above for information.)
If you have additional questions about the Legacy or Starter pack, please read this FAQ.
Thanks SO MUCH for all your support, and we'll see you in-game!
- The Star Trek Online Team
"Login failed for unknown reason" error
Missing additional character slot for current/ lapsed Gold Members
Slow patching in the launcher
A bug that involved Romulan Liberated Borg captains and their skills once they chose an ally
Some characters were stuck in a loading screen with a "Server Not Responding" message
- the comparison of ground weapons (equipped vs. highlighted) only seems to be comparing my starter hand phaser, and not my secondary weapon. If I switch slots or remove the phaser there is no comparison between weapons and only shows the stats for the highlighted weapon. This comparison should compare both equipped weapons
- I'm also finding the comparison pop up actually getting in the way when I'm trying to find something in my inventory. Perhaps locating the pop ups for the item comparisons to the edge of the UI?
- the action bar in space gets overwritten on every map change with the default choices. It should remember your settings
- there should be an option to turn off tips
- there should be Z axis movement keys, and a ship at a full stop should be able to move just along the Z axis like in several star trek episodes and movies. not only make the game more like the show, but save me wasted time having to make a long banking turn to get at a ship that's directly above or below me.
I find the UI to be frustrating, at best. I love the game, but the UI is one of the worst that I've seen. Here's just a couple of big gripes off the top of my head.....
Inconsistent hotbars. When I'm in space, my hotbar/powerbar shows the keystrokes 1-8. That's on the my preferred setting where I see the one hotbar and my BOs beneath. To get to the hotbar showing all 1-0 keys, I have to choose the third setting with no BOs displayed. On ground missions though, the hotbar defaults to the longer version.
Inconsistent when organizing hotbars. I can drag powers to my hotbar easily enough. I can left-click and drag them from the power windows, like you do in any OS GUI. But once they're on the hotbar, you have to drag them with the right mouse button. I invariably default to trying to drag them with the left-mouse button, and wind up activating a power (some with long recharge cycles).
Clumsy way of equipping items from inventory. I can drag powers to my hotbar, but I can't do that with inventory items. Instead, I have to open my Character's status window and drag the items there. Then I have to drag the item from the status window to the hotbar. Not only is this clumsy, it's bugged. I had three slots in my four-slot status screen that I wanted to map to my hotbar (keys 8, 9, and 0). I couldn't do it. I'd drag (either right or left button, didn't matter) to my hotbar, and the action was ignored. I had to double-click on the item in my status screen to unequip it, then double-click it in my inventory to reequip it where it would automatically be added to my hotbar.
Inconsistent UI. When you're on the ground, the right and left mouse buttons move/turn you or the camera differently than they do in space.
Unable to access space power listing when on ground, and ground power listing while in space. This one is VERY frustrating. When I have a bunch of skill points to spend, you have to call up your power window to see which skills improve your powers. For instance, Polarize Hull is improved by Hazard System training. When I have a bunch of skill points to spend, I want to be able to see where they can best be used, often wanting to devote some of them to ground abilities. But I have to dock at a starbase or beam down to a planet so I can see the ground-based skills so I can see what to improve, then get back on my ship to see the space-based skills. There is no way to see all of your skills at one time so you can compare everything and decide where to spend training. Maybe there is a way, but I sure can't figure it out, still making it a problem with the UI.
Unable to access space power listing when on ground, and ground power listing while in space. This one is VERY frustrating. When I have a bunch of skill points to spend, you have to call up your power window to see which skills improve your powers...But I have to dock at a starbase or beam down to a planet so I can see the ground-based skills so I can see what to improve, then get back on my ship to see the space-based skills. There is no way to see all of your skills at one time so you can compare everything and decide where to spend training.