Lt. Commander
# 41
03-09-2010, 10:17 AM
listen OP i will defiantly play SWTOR when it comes out , but I GUARANTEE like with ever other MMO the comes out there will be people that willl hate it and call it garbage , haven't we (has consumers of games) learned our lesson yet?
Lt. Commander
# 42
Nothing more hilarious and comically tragic than SW fanbois raging on ST fanbois.

Yawn.
Lt. Commander
# 43
I love how all you naysayers first said that there would be a mass exodus as soon as the free month was up. Well, guess what, I still see just as many people in game and on the forums as before. So now you switching the story around and saying that the mass exodus will come this month through the form of people that are dissatisfied with the 45 day patch.

Well, it doesn't look like that's going to happen either. From what I've seen on the forums, the majority of people that were dissatisfied, have now begun to change there opinions, due to the number of improvements Cryptic has made. I have seen so many people that were naysayers, say that there faith in Cryptic was restored when they released the Engineering Report, Release Calendar, and the Test Server all in one week. Let's face it, all the features are amazing. Just seeing the content for this month on the Engineering report has changed most people's minds. That, plus in the Engineering Report thread, dstahl has responded several times letting us know what is in the works for next month. ALL AMAZING UPDATES.

So in conclusion, I disagree with your opinion. I see this game maintaining a decent number of players for years to come. TOR will not kill this game, some people that can't afford to play both might switch over, but many people will pay to play both.
Lt. Commander
# 44
03-09-2010, 10:18 AM
The game has potential. We can agree on that.

The question is, does Cryptic have the desire to evolve it into what it could be, or is Cryptic mostly satisfied with their numbers? If Cryptic doesn't feel an update will bring in more subscribers, they're not likely to spend time and money to make big changes. There are numerous essential features the fans have been demanding since beta, and continue to be requested, that Cryptic seems to not want to bother with - things that define 'Star Trek' and are, somehow, missing from the game.

At the moment, STO is a small fraction of what it has the potential of being, and will only retain a small percentage of what it's audience *could* have been. Star Trek spans the globe and has more fans than WOW - it could have actually threatened WOW's numbers - But the rushed production severely limited the game's appeal and I don't think STO will be able to recover.

In regards to the 45 day patch - more content is good. More PVE is good. More is always better... but some CORE DESIGNS need to be addressed or STO will remain the niche game it is today.
Lt. Commander
# 45
03-09-2010, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkjedi View Post
The game has potential. We can agree on that.

The question is, does Cryptic have the desire to evolve it into what it could be, or is Cryptic mostly satisfied with their numbers? If Cryptic doesn't feel an update will bring in more subscribers, they're not likely to spend time and money to make big changes. There are numerous essential features the fans have been demanding since beta, and continue to be requested, that Cryptic seems to not want to bother with - things that define 'Star Trek' and are, somehow, missing from the game.

At the moment, STO is a small fraction of what it has the potential of being, and will only retain a small percentage of what it's audience *could* have been. Star Trek spans the globe and has more fans than WOW - it could have actually threatened WOW's numbers - But the rushed production severely limited the game's appeal and I don't think STO will be able to recover.

In regards to the 45 day patch - more content is good. More PVE is good. More is always better... but some CORE DESIGNS need to be addressed or STO will remain the niche game it is today.
I agree with your statement and would also like to know when you will be posting more pictures with less zipper?
Lt. Commander
# 46
03-09-2010, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragerx
We have been hearing the same things for the entire life of this game so far:
Open Beta will be different
Launch will be different
All MMOs have trouble at launch
It will be better in 45 days
It will be better in 6 months
*FUTURE*
It will be better in a year thats the time they needed to finish the game
I want my money back Cryptic sold subs that were only good for a year and a half until the game was shut down

Knights of the Old Republic will decimate the few numbers of players this game has left and it will go the way of Post NGE SWG. Jump ship now and dont waste any more money on Cryptic until they decided to put forth effort worthy of your dollar. This should be three strikes for them
Tor will be the same thing what are you smoking take bioware's piece out of your mouth , heavily instanced, lots of solo casual play noob friendly , why u think that game will be any different is beyond me .
Lt. Commander
# 47
03-09-2010, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaelinTerenes
I agree with your statement and would also like to know when you will be posting more pictures with less zipper?
LOL, less zipper, eh? I guess I might be able to pull something together...
Closed Thread