Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-09-2010, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trismigistus View Post
As I understand things they intend to make Bridge Officers tradable at some point.

That will likely require a place for people to post their trade offers.

Until they create such a place 10-Forward is as close to an appropriate place as it gets.
You're confused.

There's a more appropriate place for this.

It's called "the ******n exchange."

Now quit using Ten Forward as your personal auction box.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
Well I think it is against the TOS, see here:

And I have seen posts like this closed down in the past.
As long as the trades are in game and do not involve real cash it is part of the game.

Besides I don't perform services, deal with real cash, or advertise companies, or web sites that do. I do favors for people by finding good game stuff. It is my in game hobby. In game currency is my reward.

Do you have 20 million Energy Credits? I do. I earned it the hard way. It was fun.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-09-2010, 09:52 AM
If you really want it gone, report the thread - if the moderators see fit, they will remove it.

Else, give the guy a break.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Having made some on-topic posts here with others viewing it as off-topic, I got a suggestion (although, I know many of you folks liked my posts. ).

Ask Phoxe or the Devs to make a new forum section for this: Call it "Exchange" or whatever.

You see, this place is rather off-topic from the game and you are dealing WITH the game to some degree. You are stirring up some bad feelings and angry bees. Not good for business.

I do admit, there is no "perfect" area for this kind of post, but we are more likely to talk about the value of ducks serving in a real military organization in this section than wheeling/dealing trades in-game. I would suggest the "Academy Section" and try there, but keep petitioning for a new forum section.

IMO, your subject does not mix well in this section. But, ultimately, it is up to a Dev like Phoxe to decide.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-09-2010, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold-Rush View Post
Having made some on-topic posts here with others viewing it as off-topic, I got a suggestion (although, I know many of you folks liked my posts. ).

Ask Phoxe or the Devs to make a new forum section for this: Call it "Exchange" or whatever.

You see, this place is rather off-topic from the game and you are dealing WITH the game to some degree. You are stirring up some bad feelings and angry bees. Not good for business.

I do admit, there is no "perfect" area for this kind of post, but we are more likely to talk about the value of ducks serving in a real military organization in this section than wheeling/dealing trades in-game. I would suggest the "Academy Section" and try there, but keep petitioning for a new forum section.

IMO, your subject does not mix well in this section. But, ultimately, it is up to a Dev like Phoxe to decide.
I have suggested your idea multiple times in posts.

My thread was closed in the Academy which is why I moved it here.

We definately need a TRADES section for the Forum.

Every MMO I have ever played has had one.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-09-2010, 10:05 AM
Chat is saying that reposting closed threads are not really the most brilliant idea.
And who said it was closed for being off-topic? Not the devs that for sure. Someone said they reported it for being off-topic yes but other than that...
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-09-2010, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold-Rush View Post

I agree this forum is probably not the place for buy/sell threads, but I also agree that no matter how much they improve the exchange itself that a buy/sell subsection of the forum would be useful indeed.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-09-2010, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
Chat is saying that reposting closed threads are not really the most brilliant idea.
And who said it was closed for being off-topic? Not the devs that for sure. Someone said they reported it for being off-topic yes but other than that...
You must think your Cisco from Deep Space 9 giving Quark a hard time.

I looked in my mail box. No messages from a forum moderator. I was merely left to assume it was off topic based on a certain few people who complained out of over 7,000 people who viewed the thread. Amazing how a small minority of busy bodies have nothing better to do but go arround and advertise their personal agravation at someone elses harmless fun in an attempt to enforce their personal views over the majority.

There is no way anyone can say this thread is off topic given that Ten Forward was created for the express purpose of posting anything game related that was not specific to one of the other sub forums to include a place for members to socialize and communicate with each other about anything else that was not covered in any of the other sub forums.