Lt. Commander
# 91
03-09-2010, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by btm
While they are bred to follow the founders, some refused an order to kill when the kill lacked honour, some did rebel and the founders used White in order to stop this, that was the whole reason for the white.
Those were grown Jem Hadar, these are eggs. Big difference.
Lt. Commander
# 92
03-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
First off, we aren't told if the eggs are even fertilized. Meaning they are practically just organic goo at that point. Next, it was established in DS9 that they are genetically bred to follow the Founders so your idea wouldn't work I think.

I disagree that the Federation isn't about killing the eggs in this scenario. I could see Sisko, Kirk and even Picard or Janeway doing it. They would have no problem destroying a vorta cloning center so why not the eggs.
sisko would have made a nice omelet out of those eggs, yum yum. might have even chucked in some peppers

people morality is very subjective though.
bombing cloning facilities from orbit is ok.
destroying shipyards full of workers is ok

but when people start to see things up close it gets a bit trickier. what ever our personal feeling are i do agree an option would be nice

besides im sure that mission has been taken out. i never saw it when i played to RA5
Lt. Commander
# 93
03-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Milenko
How many trips to a starbase would you need per mission? lol Cause after a few ppl in the hold its gonna get unsanitary and inhumane in there... especially in a Defiant
At that point you have open-pit fight night and make it a crew function.
Lt. Commander
# 94
03-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
Those were grown Jem Hadar, these are eggs. Big difference.
Yeah, big difference. They are not active combatants.
Lt. Commander
# 95
03-09-2010, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telum View Post
Well I'm pretty sure the Klingons weren't there to have a picnic. Warrior race on a Federation world....hmmm lemme think for a sec.....yup invasion force waste em.
Colony - men, women, children. Look around the street you live on, now imagine bombing it. You could make them to leave without using lethal force if your principles are sound.
Lt. Commander
# 96
03-09-2010, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrax73
Colony - men, women, children. Look around the street you live on, now imagine bombing it. You could make them to leave without using lethal force if your principles are sound.
Or they could refuse to leave and problems could happen. It could go iether way.
Lt. Commander
# 97
03-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Set phasers to kill! Fire disruptors! Let's kill all Jem'hadar eggs!
I like the amount of combat in STO, but I would also want to see some diplomatic stuff added.
Lt. Commander
# 98
03-09-2010, 12:35 PM
I have to say i've only been playing a week and a half, and i'm already getting fed up with the amount of combat in this game, and the distinct lack of diplomacy and peaceful exploration.

In the mission where the Vulcan Ambassador is an Udine, I really wanted to help the Klingons...but no I had to attack them; there wasn't even an option to discuss it with them and it felt wrong.

I seriously hope Cryptic start to implement some serious diplomacy/exploration elements soon and it stops being a frag fest.
Lt. Commander
# 99
03-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrax73

If your principles are sound? That's an opinion not a fact.
Lt. Commander
# 100
03-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by btm
Yeah, big difference. They are not active combatants.
The eggs aren't alive either.