Lt. Commander
# 1 Map Suggestion
01-31-2010, 12:24 PM
I like referring to my maps from time to time and thought it would be nice to be able to input my own personal notes, any interesting markers, or to be able to place more than just one waypoint onto a map. What would be an even better feature, would be the ability to share this information with one's fleet in order to coordinate rendezvous points for meetings, strategic rally points for raid planning, etc.

Currently, if I drop down a waypoint and attempt to create another, the first waypoint I made disappears. Being able to mark more than one waypoint in a mission would be crucial as sometimes since most of the landmarkers in this game pretty much all look the same against a space backdrop.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 11:33 PM
I agree. We should be able to put labels on our maps. And maps of stations should already be pre-labeled, since I am quite sure those stations are going to have labeled maps available all over the place.

If a lot of unexplored space is added in future expansions, when you call up the map it should naturally be blank. The only thing that might be on such maps are stars that have been identified. So we will need the ability to mark and annotate the maps as new planetary systems, asteroid belts, black holes, etc, are discovered.

Sharing maps should be allowable as the OP suggested.

Devs, please Make It So
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-09-2010, 02:44 AM
bump for more viewing / input
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-09-2010, 02:07 PM
The new Map zoom in makes me wonder if someone is taking the p.