Lt. Commander
# 21
03-09-2010, 02:03 PM
Gold Spammers love sales, a cheap way for them to get more acounts.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I'm not going to look them all but thanks to someone posting about the Amazon sale today I was able to buy a copy of the just-released ME2 on sale for $36.00 at Amazon this morning.
good find there =) enjoy a game that sto really should have taken a page from (like finishing a game before selling)

but it doesnt directly effect what i was saying as what i really meant was a sale that is a slap in the face (like the atari sale) then followed up with another sale for a constant 'wtf'

EDIT: i mean sale...yeah happens all the time but not for an mmo that just came out, i mean yeah sales are normal but when they are happening this close together when atari lowered the price to ten bucks (rest was sub money for those who werent here for that wonderful weekend) it really brings to question are they just telling everyone to sell while they can because they know they are in trouble? or is it a huge coincidence that amazon is having a sale as well (i know its just for today but it still serves as a point in this discussion)
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-09-2010, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarid View Post
but it doesnt directly effect what i was saying as what i really meant was a sale that is a slap in the face (like the atari sale) then followed up with another sale for a constant 'wtf'
The world's in a recession and cash-flow management is essential to profitability in today's market - it always has been but today more-so. You don't need an MBA to understand that, but if you do I have one so trust me when I say it.

Companies have been doing 50% off and Buy 1 get 1 free sales forever. There's nothing new going on here, outside of some people looking for any reason to complain about the game.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Quote:
The world's in a recession and cash-flow management is essential to profitability in today's market - it always has been but today more-so. You don't need an MBA to understand that, but if you do I have one so trust me when I say it.

Companies have been doing 50% off and Buy 1 get 1 free sales forever. There's nothing new going on here, outside of some people looking for any reason to complain about the game.
oh i know what you are saying as i take advantage of the sales when i can but it is just really weird how there have been a (lack of better term) chain of sales going on here i mean whats next week? post something nice get the game free? kick a troll and get a free lifetime sub?
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Awesome. Got a copy for my wife so we can play STO together.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-09-2010, 02:21 PM
I wish this sale would come up in 5 days it would be great if i decide i like the game.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-09-2010, 02:28 PM
I went to Wal-Mart's site to see what they were selling it for and it's been taken off their site. I used the link from STO's site and it shows a Wal-Mart Page Not Found Message. I guess Wal-Mart's site isn't even showing it anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-09-2010, 03:15 PM
Amazon slashes prices on stuff on a time-limited basis all the time. What's the big deal?
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormstryke
I went to Wal-Mart's site to see what they were selling it for and it's been taken off their site. I used the link from STO's site and it shows a Wal-Mart Page Not Found Message. I guess Wal-Mart's site isn't even showing it anymore.
That's funny, my local walmart had a bunch of copies on the shelf a couple days ago now they're gone. Maybe they burned through all their stock. Wonder if they pulled it?
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Retailers have nothing to do with the companies whose products they sell. Retailers put things on sale to free-up cash so that they can buy other new things in the pipeline. Cryptic is no more associated with this sale at Amazon as Calvin Klein is with a sale at the Gap.
Partially true, but many times retailer ARE beholden to companies due to companies holding them hostage with supply. For example, if a store is selling beer/budweiser products and doesnt give Bud a certain amount of "frontage" or shelf display space they can get cut out if Bud wont sell to them anymore so they lose business. Not saying Cryptics stuff is that valuable but it shows a point on retailer/producer relationships