Lt. Commander
# 11
03-08-2010, 02:35 PM
If able, likely I would make one of every species, some I might make on of each gender of the species, some I make build variants, like humans. Then the infinite variations on aliens, I could probably hit the slot cap quickly. But I have noticed at about 12, I do more try and delete. Some will be made into bridge officers.

Currently my, main has copies of the 4 other captains as bridge officers, except the liberated Borg, not an option yet.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance86
I dont see a point in having it in the C-Store, because Ive known people to make countless characters and never play them beyond a few levels. And giving people to buy them so cheaply is only going to give people the ability to create hordes of characters they will never get around to playing.
I have 5 slots. 2 of my characters are RA5. The other 3 slots are used with different friends/fleets and so I can't play them without messing-up the missions we're trying to do as a team. Without more slots I'm limited to playing each of my RA5s once a day to do the Daily missions, and then I'm done. I want more slots so that I can solo more characters, plus make a Klingon Faction character or two.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-08-2010, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I have 5 slots. 2 of my characters are RA5. The other 3 slots are used with different friends/fleets and so I can't play them without messing-up the missions we're trying to do as a team. Without more slots I'm limited to playing each of my RA5s once a day to do the Daily missions, and then I'm done. I want more slots so that I can solo more characters, plus make a Klingon Faction character or two.
Exactly why I said it make sense to create 3 slots per faction added. And if they want to nickle and dime us. Add on a 10 dollar charge to the Expansion or put it in the C-Store (applicable only once). Id pay 10 dollars per faction for slots. But I dont want to see what I saw with WoW.

Dozens of characters that only saw the light of day for an hour or so. Never to be heard from again.

Ultimately youd have a choice if you wanted to devote them all to a particular faction or make different faction characters.

Personally Id make a TAC/SCI/ENG for each Faction if I had the slots for it.

And Im sure eventually Cryptic adds the ability to buy slots. I just hope they do it the smart way.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-08-2010, 02:47 PM
A one time fee for extra slots is a reasonable charge. It cost Cryptic extra for the storage so I should have to pay a little. Some people are perfectly fine with only one character, my daughter for example, has played one and only one character for 3 years in LOTRO, she has no interest in alternates.

I just hope they do not go FFXI method where there was a monthly charge for extra slots. I bought the life time specifically not to have monthly charges. But fully expected to spending spare change in C-Store time to time.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-08-2010, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShirtedExtra
A one time fee for extra slots is a reasonable charge. It cost Cryptic extra for the storage so I should have to pay a little. Some people are perfectly fine with only one character, my daughter for example, has played one and only one character for 3 years in LOTRO, she has no interest in alternates.

I just hope they do not go FFXI method where there was a monthly charge for extra slots. I bought the life time specifically not to have monthly charges. But fully expected to spending spare change in C-Store time to time.
Well........LOTRO is probably a game where you can be perfectly happy playing for years on one character. Ahem......STO is not.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I remember the good ole days of MMO gaming when we had to buy second accounts to get additional character slots.
Oh yeah tell me about it. Me and my fiance had 5 accounts each on SWG so we could get our fill of altoholicism.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-09-2010, 01:46 PM
I just want to add my name to this list of people calling for more slots. I maxed out my solo character, and my other two characters are reserved for regular teams. I'm not the kind of person who races through things, either, nor do I play all day. A little over a month and I've gone through everything. I want to do it again, but I need more characters. I'm not too concerned with how they do it. I just want it soon.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-09-2010, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShirtedExtra
My Alitis is kicking up hard, I NEED more character slots. I found my self going to CoH for the free-play weekend just to create some alts. Already filled Tribble, and still want to make more.
why oh why oh why would you want to spend time on another alt when you have 3 slots?? doing 2 RA5's was bad enough but doing it for more??

Forum dementia must be setting in

And yeh want more slots, buy another gamebox dont try to get stuff on the cheap