Lt. Commander
So I love getting new bridge officers (mostly because I love playing with the character creator, I suspect). But now that I'm a commander, I have 8 of them, and quite frankly, most of them have nothing to do.

Only 4 of them have duty stations on the bridge. I guess I could train 4 of them to be strictly "away team" ready, except by the time I got the 7th and 8th ones, that route wasn't really feasible, since I'd been spending points on other characters.

If I bought another ship, then I suppose having multiple science or tactical or engineering BO's would make sense, except I haven't really come across a reason to buy another ship.

I'd like to see more use out of our BOs. New stations would be great - not necessarily where they would use their trained abilities, but stations that (if manned) would provide small benefits or passive buffs. Perhaps a sickbay station, where you assign a science officer and it increases your crew regen/heal rate. Or a main engineering station, which ups your auxilary power or speed or something. Or a tactical chief, which allows you to place a third weapon on auto-fire. Not big buffs, mind you, and not something I'd have to click, but more like passive buffs or small benefits. Just SOMEthing for those extra bridge officers to be doing instead of just sitting there.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-09-2010, 08:24 AM
I want a Beer Wench BO please.

Auxillary Power to Chillers II
Hop Technology I
Pretzel Fabrication III
etc.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-09-2010, 09:36 AM
I talked in another thread about the usefulness (if not need) for Flight Control (helm) officers. They grant skills such as high warp turn (on the spot 180 turn, but can stop engines), Evasive Patterns (offering actual weapon avoidance/dodge), And Deploy Shuttles, where you launch shuttles to harass an enemy or draw fire. Not sure what they would bring to the table on the ground, some generic buffs maybe.

I'd love to see more space abilities on officers, seeing as I'd expect these highly trained officers to know more about weapons than just how to fire torpedoes or ths button makes things go.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-09-2010, 11:52 AM
I was wondering why they didn't have a separate Doctor BO class (aka Bones, Beverly Crusher, EMH, and Phlox). They kind of lumped them in with Science officer.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-09-2010, 02:00 PM
I like the idea.