Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 121
03-09-2010, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
Make it work on cannons as well or dump it completely.
Can you imagine the forums if FBP turned the Kowards' beloved rapid fire cannons back on them? There would be a 300 page thread of QQ within an hour. Might be a step in the right direction, since I haven't seen a K player do anything but QQ or troll on these forums in a looooooong time.
Lt. Commander
# 122
03-09-2010, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSIRockin
Can you imagine the forums if FBP turned the Kowards' beloved rapid fire cannons back on them? There would be a 300 page thread of QQ within an hour. Might be a step in the right direction, since I haven't seen a K player do anything but QQ or troll on these forums in a looooooong time.
Nope most of us have learned to identify threats to our well being and avoid them...

Lt. Commander
# 123
03-09-2010, 10:03 PM
I was pvping yesterday and there was not a single klingong without it. There were even some BoPs, which were not moving and just cycling FBP, and than ending up with 350K dmg...
Lt. Commander
# 124
03-10-2010, 12:23 AM
Having the ability myself, I think they should make it more visible. It is hard enough as it is that beam arrays have a four shot cycle.
Lt. Commander
# 125
03-10-2010, 02:22 AM
How about instead of changing FBP for the Ks we just add a Fed ability to make things even. Maybe an unblockable, unremovable debuff that deals 200% hull damage if the Klingons use their engines at all. Or how about an ability that causes toon permadeath if they even hover over a cannon at a vendor with their mouse? Those would be equally fair and reasonable abilities.
Lt. Commander
# 126
03-10-2010, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatec View Post
Oh how I love broad sweeping judgments. I have one instance of fbp1, and only use it to discourage feds from focus firing me...It barely scratches them, if they paid attention.

However, I get VM'ed and SNBed to death. The VM, I can deal with, since I can counter it if I play smart...but SNB? Not a dang thing I can do about it. It's ridiculously OP.

FBP isn't that amazing, if you know how to tank it right.

But go ahead, play with your turrets.

Broad sweeping generalisations are very useful in forum posts, you should know that. If I had created a boring factual topic instead, this topic wouldn't have half the troll responses and be more boring to boot: win/win

That said, more and more Klingons do use multiple applications of FBP. Add in Photonic Officer and you have a nearly untouchable Bird of Prey.

Subnucleonic beam (and also VM) is ridiculous, and yes it needs to be changed (and I use it myself) But this topic is about FBP.
Lt. Commander
# 127
03-10-2010, 08:04 AM
Devs are going to look into it. Respond to this thread http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=134457&page=4. its just a matter of time.