Lt. Commander
# 21
03-08-2010, 04:44 AM
I just dismissed all of my Blues and Greens to get rid of them. I had them on the market for a while and sold a few of them, but got tired of them cluttering up my assignment inventory.

As far as I am concerned purple is the only way to go.

There are certain ones worth keeping, or selling at a good price if they have a rare level 3 skill and that information is hard to gather as to which skills people want that are hard to find.

Target Shield Subsystem III is a good one. Don't throw that away.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-08-2010, 01:09 PM
I think the only boffs worth much of anything are the ones with the efficient trait. Or MK skills that can't be trained. I was willing to pay for a boff with beam overload mk III and I'd be willing to pay for a target subsytem shield MK I or mk III
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-09-2010, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikenstein
Traits only affect ground. So for kdf, which has no ground pve BOs are all worth 100, whatever their color.

For Fed, I might pay as high as, maybe 250 for a purple. That's 250, not 250 thousand btw.
I heard that you could get Efficient which is a space trait on some rare BOs, they are generally extremly expensive .
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-09-2010, 09:34 AM
The best away to get efficient BOs, in my opinion, is to make an alt and level him through the stage of the game where he gets green bridge officers. I did this and random got an efficient Saurian (I think they only come in green Bos for some reason) and mailed him to my main character.

I heard some talk of an efficiency stack nerf in effect on the Tribble test server--which makes no sense to me. With the Saurian and my Borg BOs, It's only +1 to each pwoer bar, which is not game-changing in any way. I just like trying to optimize my BO/ship configuration.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stararmy View Post
The best away to get efficient BOs, in my opinion, is to make an alt and level him through the stage of the game where he gets green bridge officers. I did this and random got an efficient Saurian (I think they only come in green Bos for some reason) and mailed him to my main character.

I heard some talk of an efficiency stack nerf in effect on the Tribble test server--which makes no sense to me. With the Saurian and my Borg BOs, It's only +1 to each pwoer bar, which is not game-changing in any way. I just like trying to optimize my BO/ship configuration.
Buying an efficent BO now is most probably a waste of cash. If Cryptic ever bother mending the BO system you might see BOs with three or four space traits, which would make an efficient suarian a waste of time.

If you want to argue that Cryptic's devs are bone idle and never fix anything, you would be right. But its still a gamble.

Same goes for suckers spending a hundred dollars on a borg BO off amazon.