Lt. Commander
signing this with enthusiasm.
Cryptic, fix my boff's Med Generator please.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-09-2010, 07:26 AM
I have the same issue, I recently took the time to equip my BOFF's with some decent ground skills including this skill and they just place it whenever the skill is off cooldown. Needs to be changed so they only use it in battle.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-09-2010, 07:31 AM
noticed this a few days ago... /bugged it and then went and got her a more useful ability.

The best idea would be to make them only put it down if someone is hurt.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-09-2010, 07:45 AM
I've created a ticket about this issue on 02/14/2010, there's been no news since, other than Cryptic acknowledging the problem and entering it into their database.

For starters, I'd recommend they err on the side of caution and fix the issue with the skill triggering despite our efforts to disable it. Then, after they'd allowed us to disable and enable the skill at our discretion, they can work on fixing the Eng BO AI regarding proper skill activation under combat or merely for out-of-combat healing.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-09-2010, 08:51 AM
I just realized that my science officer is doing the same thing with medical tricorder, vascular regeneration and nanite health monitor on support and seeker drones...

In fact, they seem to *prefer* buffing the drones, even though they are only temporary entities/friends...

big waste there.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-09-2010, 09:22 AM
Same here. And it IS annoying...

/SIGNED

BOs also tend to use up hypos, power cells, shield generators, etc. when idle. Anything you give them, they will "play" with it and waste (in the case of combat devices) with aplomb... Seems the BOs need some major tweaking. Makes me want to load them up with tribbles and nothing else.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-09-2010, 09:37 AM
Noticed this with the shield gens. They just keep plopping them down constantly.

After a few away team missions, I just gave the Engineer BoF's phaser turrets and mortars and I being an engineer as well, I control the shield and medical gens.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-09-2010, 12:02 PM
yep, bugged it a while ago and switched to equipment diagnostic (didnt care what it was, as long as it wasnt that friggin generator)
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-09-2010, 06:31 PM
Sounds like there are at least two seperate problems people are talking about on this thread:

1. Medical Generators are continuously created when OUT OF COMBAT

2. When and where BOffs create shield generators, phaser turrets and medical generators when *IN* combat

#1 is is a clear bug, but is driving me crazy on away missions after i trained that on one of my BOff a few days ago and promoted another yesterday so a Medical Gen skill became available to them.

The medical generators they create also show on the mini-map with the same icon as a BOff (which i think is actually probably a third bug), so i keep looking at the map and think that one of my BOffs has got stuck / left behind!

Personally, #2 does not cause my too much angst becuase i tend to set hold position for my BOffs before entering combat so that they "stay in the bubble" (well, usually they do, but there AI s not very inteligent about what hold position actually means!)

I think the solution to #1 should be really simple for devs to fix, but #2 probably needs some thought on what the AI rules should really be (if they change anything at all, that is).
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-10-2010, 03:37 PM
As I was trying to sneak past a patrol in DS9, my Engineer got caught out in the hallway. Guess what she was doing.

Yeah...