Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-09-2010, 09:21 AM
Klingon leveling actually used to be faster than Feds (e.g. PvE), but then they cut the XP in half.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-09-2010, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
Klingon leveling actually used to be faster than Feds (e.g. PvE), but then they cut the XP in half.
I levelled my Klingon before the exp nerf and it took me about 5 days of pretty obsessive gaming (12 hours a day)

The fed character i started got to Captain 8 in 3 days of slightly less obsessive gaming (8 hours)

This doesn't seem right to me. Especially as our grind relies on others for content.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-09-2010, 10:36 AM
Anyone trying to level a Klingon now is going to have a very rough go of things. Despite the "1% are capped" claim, it's fairly obvious where most of the people playing are.

The only people at lower ranks are alts and casuals that are taking their time to level, and generally they arent the type that are interested in PvPing. So what we have is a lot of newly created Klingons attempting to level up through PvP and having no one to fight. Throw in the exp nerf and they are going to spend even longer at the lower ranks fighting to reach the next (and hopefully more populated) tier.

Honestly the best advice I can give you is stick to the expanse and stay queued while grinding that. And if that becomes to monotonous for you, I'd recommend playing on the test server to get a look at the new Klingon content, or just flat out wait to level one when the new content goes live.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-09-2010, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rienen View Post
Anyone trying to level a Klingon now is going to have a very rough go of things. Despite the "1% are capped" claim, it's fairly obvious where most of the people playing are.

The only people at lower ranks are alts and casuals that are taking their time to level, and generally they arent the type that are interested in PvPing. So what we have is a lot of newly created Klingons attempting to level up through PvP and having no one to fight. Throw in the exp nerf and they are going to spend even longer at the lower ranks fighting to reach the next (and hopefully more populated) tier.

Honestly the best advice I can give you is stick to the expanse and stay queued while grinding that. And if that becomes to monotonous for you, I'd recommend playing on the test server to get a look at the new Klingon content, or just flat out wait to level one when the new content goes live.
Ah so there was more experience at one point.
Anyways, I enjoy the pvp, I just wish I could get to the infected storyline before there is nobody to do it with.
I thought about waiting for the actual content but thought that pvping forever would make me a better Klingon
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-10-2010, 09:30 AM
At the moment it seems the largest population is in T2, followed by T3. T1 is pretty slow to pop, and T4 is kinda slow.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-10-2010, 06:58 PM
People always forget the fleet actions. They do scale up with level as far as I'm aware, and if you get a team going you can make a pretty significant amount of skill points slaughtering stuff. Its not ideal but its another option, better than the incredibly dull nebulas in my opinion. And of course there are drops, so you might get blues or even purples instead of just medal/badge greens.