Lt. Commander
# 1 The Klingon Empire is Dead
03-11-2010, 01:11 AM
I have done the following things in the last week to try and save it...

I have yelled in netural zone begging some feds to switch over to blance the game before it dies.

I have yelled in sol system , asking ppl if they love this game to help try and save it by making a klingon.

I have rolled and rerolled FED klingons just to help get some games off the ground in T 1 to get these guys some exp.......ask ppl on my friends list what number I am on cuz i honestly dont even know.....

Sometimes even runninga round with no shields on just to die so they can lvl......

Nothing seems to be helping maybe alittle but not enogh to really do anything.......When i was in star base asking ppl why they wont roll a klingon , one guy said"are the Q times shorter over there?" before i could answer another guy said "dont worry we are getting F vs F soon"..........we are done. Its over for us son , much like star trek 6 we just got to choose where and how to die , but we are dead.Ethier make the peace with the fedration FULL TIME , let us join them let us do all there quests , let us be in the fedration with our warbirds or just shut us down....Cuz its over son.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-11-2010, 01:16 AM
You can tell the faction is dead. Just look at the number of player ships zooming about and how "active" zone chat is at either maps. In PvP, it's the same people.

The faction is stagnant, population dwindling to a slow, convulsive death.

But when you think about what there IS for the Klingon faction, can you blame people for NOT trying it out or sticking around? Why bother when you can have a more complete game as a Fed player as well as the ear (and hearts and minds) of the devs?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-11-2010, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmaker01 View Post
You can tell the faction is dead. Just look at the number of player ships zooming about and how "active" zone chat is at either maps. In PvP, it's the same people.

The faction is stagnant, population dwindling to a slow, convulsive death.

But when you think about what there IS for the Klingon faction, can you blame people for NOT trying it out or sticking around? Why bother when you can have a more complete game as a Fed player as well as the ear (and hearts and minds) of the devs?
All true points....Im taking time out of my gameplay to reroll these dam fed avatars just so we can get ppl out T 1...ive wasted hours.I have had to do that crap kitamer quest millions of times it seems.......I cant Q for pvp till lvl 6 so ive done the patoral mission thats side tons too.

I love this side with all my heart but I cant think of anything else to do.......
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-11-2010, 01:28 AM
Hey. could you tell that tho the 5 or 6 Warship Groups that blow me away each time i join a battle, maybe i wont have to deal with them later.

But honestly, i see pretty much klingons on the battlefields and they allways give me the hell of a fight.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-11-2010, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keylab View Post
Hey. could you tell that tho the 5 or 6 Warship Groups that blow me away each time i join a battle, maybe i wont have to deal with them later.

But honestly, i see pretty much klingons on the battlefields and they allways give me the hell of a fight.

Those are NPC's your in the wrong area.......
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-11-2010, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synacus View Post
Those are NPC's your in the wrong area.......
Considering how the KDF faction is about to die, maybe he isn't :p The only thing "Klingon" left in the game will be NPCs and FEDERATION Klingon characters.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-11-2010, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keylab View Post

Ya I didnt mean to be cold , ive had a crap week as i have told you.....im sure some tiers are ok and hopefully ive had some small part in helping with that , but the two tiers that matter are T 1 and T 5. Thats how many are coming in and how many are lvl capped and playing.

and it looks bad.....

The real test tho did a warzone borg hunt today , was even teams , was pretty dam fun ,and also was full fed teams except me.........when you go into a warzone and the program has to put all feds on your side......ya.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-11-2010, 01:52 AM
And it looks like it will just get worse now that the Test server has FvF as an option that will come with Update 1. It's like they're purposely trying to kill off this faction.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-11-2010, 02:23 AM
How exactly will FvF kill the Klingon Faction?
Perhaps it will stop the Queues from being 115 Federation against 3 Klingons, but thats it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-11-2010, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberlerchner123 View Post
How exactly will FvF kill the Klingon Faction?
Perhaps it will stop the Queues from being 115 Federation against 3 Klingons, but thats it.
Why get into FvK when you can circle jerk with your Fed buddies in FvF?

Mark my words: All the Feds will be FvF, and FvK will be as dead as KvK. The vast majority of this game are playing Feds, something like 90-95% (just look at the que blue-Fed : red-KDF ratios), and the Feds will PvP with each other more because:
A) It is more accessible since there are far, far, far, fare more of them to fight than Klingon players.
B) Most Feds can't seem to wrap around their minds around the concept that a different faction could possibly fight... differently. Most Feds will be content to fight something they are familiar with... themselves.

Most Feds have never played KDF, and the way things are now and for the foreseeable future, never will (and why should they?). Look at the sheer number of posts about Feds complaining about the KDF, how they refuse the adapt and face the truth that the Klingons fight and act differently. But since they've cut their teeth working solely on Fed side of the game, they'll be happy to PvP against something they're familiar with. Another Federation warship.

Cryptic: Seriously, I see it now. I understand. You guys never really wanted this faction. Just delete it to save yourselves more work and finding pathetic excuses to justify the "PvP only" aspect of the Klingons. Either that or just reinstate the Kitomer Accords and enslave the Empire to the Federation.