Lt. Commander
Several Infected runs post 3/8/10 Patch, on both Feds and Klinks. In this patch you are now required to upload the virus to the corner terminals within a short time of dropping their shield, if you dont the shield will come back up.

After a virus is uploaded to a terminal you have four minutes to upload the virus to the other 3 terminals and kill the generator before that first terminal resets, and its shield comes back up.

It really pays, in order to work quickly around the room, to have three designated people for dropping the shields, and to assign them a specific post. It also helps to have Engineers for the two assigned to the outside posts, as you can see in the videos.

Fed (3/8/10) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw6ckIHgsiY
(Length 7:25 - First Virus 1:18 - Last Virus 5:01 - Queen Dead 6:53)

Klink (3/8/10) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd_ZsIa_lTM
(Length 6:54 - First Virus 0:52 - Last Virus 3:45 - Queen Dead 6:01)

Klink 2 (3/9/10) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bC2owG7Pe0
(Length 5:00 - First Virus 0:51 - Last Virus 3:26 - Queen Dead 4:59)

With a team working together, and a plan, the added imposition of a timer does not prove to be too much to surmount.

Our groups were a mix. We had some pugs, some friends, some on vent, and some just listening in.
I want to say thank you to everyone who helped me to put these together:

Fed - Goober@Goobur, Kirk@TolaSrrup, Sixteen@Tapestry , Ten@Aelife
Klink - Blegron@Scharrer , Fek'Ihr@TolaSrrup, Raijin@BorrowedTune , Scye@Edgecase
Klink 2 - Fek'Ihr@TolaSrrup, Lilith@Demelsa, Neru@Rewen, Raijin@BorrowedTune

And special thanks to @Dubbletoke for his assistance and umm, well yeah.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-09-2010, 01:16 PM
moral support... its valuable!
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Every Federation group has a "Kirk".

Just one question. In both videos, you are hiding inside the wall. How come?
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-10-2010, 11:18 AM
You know, all the successful runs I've seen (including the one I'm in here) pretty much brute force her in a corner once she's out. A lot of wipes also seem to result from this... it just seems a matter of luck how early and how often she chooses to use her AE. Is there some more elegant way to handle that, or is it really just a matter of RNG?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-10-2010, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgecase View Post
You know, all the successful runs I've seen (including the one I'm in here) pretty much brute force her in a corner once she's out. A lot of wipes also seem to result from this... it just seems a matter of luck how early and how often she chooses to use her AE. Is there some more elegant way to handle that, or is it really just a matter of RNG?
cover shields are amazing in this part. great for blocking Line of sight.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-10-2010, 04:01 PM
In the fed video, what is the gun being used by the person recording the video? It looks like a Disruptor... with the Cylinder-shaped special attack?? But even on regular shots it seems to knockback the Drones a very large amount.

And I also saw this yellow forcefield circular effect around some of the fed players... what shields are these? Knockback shields or just a skill or something??

EDIT> Ok. I rewatched the video, this time in 1080 HD and I noticed the disruptor? gun, that you had 2 of them and were switching back and forth. So I guess the 'regular' attack was just another secondary attack. Everything is much clearer. But my other questions remain.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-11-2010, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORG_Dragon
In the fed video, what is the gun being used by the person recording the video? It looks like a Disruptor... with the Cylinder-shaped special attack?? But even on regular shots it seems to knockback the Drones a very large amount.

EDIT> Ok. I rewatched the video, this time in 1080 HD and I noticed the disruptor? gun, that you had 2 of them and were switching back and forth. So I guess the 'regular' attack was just another secondary attack. Everything is much clearer. But my other questions remain.
In all of the videos I am using two High Density Beam Rifles. Though the particular damage type may vary that is the weapon I have been using for CC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORG_Dragon
And I also saw this yellow forcefield circular effect around some of the fed players... what shields are these? Knockback shields or just a skill or something??
Engineers get a kit called Bunker Fabrication. One of the abilities that kit imparts is called Force Field Dome. These are the shields to which you were referring. This ability works amazingly well for helping to clear the trash up to Rebecca. A team inside a force field can not be assimilated, and the dome functions beautifully as a pbaoe to any mobs locking you in close combat.