Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 51
02-24-2010, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlee95 View Post
I think it's funny that people HAVE to rely on a weapon in pvp in order to be "good" in pvp.
If he didn't have that weapon, he would be just like us. Nothing special.
speak for yourself big head midget! I'm extra special
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-24-2010, 01:01 AM
Uhm you guys realise that there might be more then 1 person firing with a TR-116.
Also there was a glitch in the C-Store allowing you to take your pre-order items multiple times.

So 2 guys with 2 TR-116: 4x fire rate
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-24-2010, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digglez
speak for yourself big head midget! I'm extra special
Big headed "little alien"!
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-24-2010, 11:59 AM
This particular instance is a good reason why you shouldn't be allowed to change weapons during combat. The amount of time to "break combat" even with no enemies near you should be about the time the sniper shot cools down. You still take 2 hits (one from each weapon) but it won't be spammable. I would not agree with taking the weapon away. Making the TR-116 only 1 per character would work, but they seem to have problems with that implementation, hence the removal of the cap. Oh, and it should not go through shields, which I will agree, it looks like a LOT of damage goes through shields, which is terrible.
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-24-2010, 12:07 PM
Ever watched real snipers training on the history channel? Part of regular training is switching between rifle and pistol on the move keeping a fairly steady rate of fire. Swapping between two weapons is nothing. Happens all the time in real life.

Now having 5 or 6 weapons queued up on your quick slot...thats not good.
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-24-2010, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by immagikman01 View Post
Ever watched real snipers training on the history channel? Part of regular training is switching between rifle and pistol on the move keeping a fairly steady rate of fire. Swapping between two weapons is nothing. Happens all the time in real life.

Now having 5 or 6 weapons queued up on your quick slot...thats not good.
What I meant by not switching weapons in combat would be what you describe as 5 or 6 weapons queued. The normal 2 slots with the Z hot key to switch between is fine however, and very useful.
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-24-2010, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberlerchner123 View Post
Uhm you guys realise that there might be more then 1 person firing with a TR-116.
Also there was a glitch in the C-Store allowing you to take your pre-order items multiple times.

So 2 guys with 2 TR-116: 4x fire rate
uh no, I was there. It was 1 guy.
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-24-2010, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaelinTerenes
What I meant by not switching weapons in combat would be what you describe as 5 or 6 weapons queued. The normal 2 slots with the Z hot key to switch between is fine however, and very useful.
I would love to more weapon restrictions, primary weapon and sidearm.

Large (rifles) + sidearm (pistol)
or
Medium weapon x2
or
Medium + small
or
Small x2

This would make even more strategy & tactics.

Small weapons do more damage up close, large weapons from far away. This is true with real sniper rifles. At short range they make revatively small holes because they have so much energy. When they start reaching their max range the bullets slow down and end up doing tons more damage by tearing.
Lt. Commander
# 59
02-24-2010, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_IndigoFyre
The TR-116A Rifle is amazing.

I use it all the time in tier 1 pvp. You click on a guy, back up around the corner and blast him through the wall.
this doesn't sound like a terrible use of it. but when you have multiples of the weapon (due to the C-store issue) allowing you to basically ignore the secondary cooldown, and you can use it on a guy halfway across the map, it's a little much. if it can shoot through walls then it should at least lose target lock if your target moves far away (say, 40m or so). and once lost, you should need direct line-of-sight to re-establish target lock.

-ken
Lt. Commander
# 60
03-11-2010, 06:01 AM
Good god. Just because I use common sense to demolish people doesn't mean I'm hacking. And anyway, to the guy who said I'm nothing without the preorder rifle: wanna 1v1 me? I'd have a good time kicking you all over the place like the can you are.
And as for the rest of you... got a question? Ask away. Nothing I do is hack-based, it's either common sense or something you don't have.