Lt. Commander
In case the title wasn't clear, let me reiterate from the beginning that this question is about Klingons in the Federation. The playable Federation Klingon that players can buy from the C-Store for 240 points, unlocking Klingon as a race for future playable characters.

My Federation Klingon has a tribble equipped. When I "use" it, I see the tribble bounce twice in my hand, and my character snaps his head back like he's saying, "WTF is this?" Then he pokes at the tribble, and it bounces again, then he puts it away.

The tribble buffs never show up on my character.

Can this character not get tribble buffs because he's a Klingon and Klingons and tribbles don't get along? Or do the buffs just not show up anymore, by intent or some newly-introduced bug?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-11-2010, 11:53 AM
im sure its because he's a Klingon, i have one on my klingon character and the tribble proper freaks out.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Fed Klingon cannot use either pet.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-11-2010, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waerlogan View Post
Fed Klingon cannot use either pet.
Well that sucks. I mean, ten out of ten for sticking to the lore, but minus several million for good sense, Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Since tribbles give Fed players a buff, but Targs do nothing for Klingons you should be happy with getting an advantage - again.

Where's my fraking Klingon Joined Trill, my fraking T2 cruiser and my fraking content? Why does PvP pay off so little reward per hour spent compared to PvE? This is "Star Trek" Online, not Federation Online, right?

Hope y'all enjoy FvF because there won't be many Klingon players at that point.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-14-2010, 11:04 AM
I can tell you at least where the Joined Trill is. On Federation side. Other than the Klingon Empire, Trill is not at war with the Feds and has never been. There are no Trill born in Klingon space that would now still be there and side with the KDF, because the Klingons were never as open as the Feds about buying a nice little house on their planets.

For everything else... Give the Klingons more; give them the ships and uniforms of their allies, give them hair other than dreadlocks, give them the missing females plus outfit options, a pet that does at least something (I had no idea the targ does nothing, btw), content... and I'm in. But no Joined Trill. Rolls up my toenails to think about the possible "but it COULD be canon" excuses for that. It would be just as bad over there as it is in a Federation with felt 50 % liberated Borg in command.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-14-2010, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArievDhien
I can tell you at least where the Joined Trill is. On Federation side. Other than the Klingon Empire, Trill is not at war with the Feds and has never been. There are no Trill born in Klingon space that would now still be there and side with the KDF, because the Klingons were never as open as the Feds about buying a nice little house on their planets.

For everything else... Give the Klingons more; give them the ships and uniforms of their allies, give them hair other than dreadlocks, give them the missing females plus outfit options, a pet that does at least something (I had no idea the targ does nothing, btw), content... and I'm in. But no Joined Trill. Rolls up my toenails to think about the possible "but it COULD be canon" excuses for that. It would be just as bad over there as it is in a Federation with felt 50 % liberated Borg in command.
You don't think Trill would fight for the KDF because they didn't in the ST universe? I'm willing to bet there are more Klingon Captains playing on the Fed side than in the Klingon faction. If there can be that many Klingons in the Federation a few Trill fighting for the Empire is hardly a problem. So, to make things more in line with "canon" let's limit the number of Federation Klingon Captains to 1 for every 1000 being played on the Klingon side. Real Klingons (not counting the other Klingon faction species) should outnmuber the Federation Klingon traitors by at least 1000 to 1. Taking the story of Worf, a 1 of a kind Klingon, and making it into a C-store bought commonality might be good marketing, but it is total BS.

All those Federation Klingon Captains can be made to work both ways. Why wouldn't there be traitorous Federation members as well, you know, like Joined Trill.

Cryptic sold the Joined Trill as available to both factions. Many Klingons only play Fed out of boredom - and to farm for items because we get crap for drops. Having to reroll and play a Joined Trill would add some more captains to the Klingon faction, and STO needs more Klingons.

Bottom line is that Joined Trills give a player an advantage. An advantage only available to Federation players at the moment. Until Klingons get Joined Trill (or something better, to make up for the lost time) all Joined Trill should be neutered. But we all know that isn't going to happen.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-15-2010, 02:20 PM
I'm all for limiting the 'exceptions of their race'. I just doubt that is the right way. I see so many liberated Borg, it feels more like a collective than a Federation. There was one Worf, and there was one 7 of 9; yet the Klingons and Borg are everywhere now.
If Klingons would get a replacement, something as good or even better than the Joined Trill, it would be a step in the right direction.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-18-2010, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STObee
Since tribbles give Fed players a buff, but Targs do nothing for Klingons you should be happy with getting an advantage - again.
And what advantage, exactly, am I getting?

I'm a Federation player, but my race is Klingon. I cannot get the buff from the tribble. This has all already been established. So I'm not quite clear it is on what my advantage is.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-18-2010, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR512 View Post
And what advantage, exactly, am I getting?

I'm a Federation player, but my race is Klingon. I cannot get the buff from the tribble. This has all already been established. So I'm not quite clear it is on what my advantage is.
I'm actually fine with this since it makes so much sense for Klingons not to be able to utilize Tribbles. However, they really should be able to have the Targ.

Also, a pet that follows you around on the ground is completely different than one that buffs you, but arguably just as nice. Of course, one that reacts negatively to you is also nice, but any generic one will do that.