Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-10-2010, 09:36 AM
Yep, exploration missions usually are exactly on the same level as the player and the level of story missions is fix.

@ EvilUrgency

Did you find anything in the combat log? Damage type or maybe the source?
Lt. Commander
# 12 OK figured it out but...
03-10-2010, 02:59 PM
So watching my combat log it is self destruct that is killing me. Every time I change a zone it seems to re-add itself to number 7 of my action bar regardless of whether I have some thing else there. I am not hitting the seven key at all yet some how it randomly gets engaged when I'm in combat if I don't remember to remove it first. I have noticed this with other key binds as well I press one key and another ability on a completely different key bind will engage instead.

I don't use any macros or have any strange key binds and I think it says a lot about the game that they can't even make the default key bindings work properly. I wouldn't care so much if the game didn't insist on placing self destruct on my action bars. WTF? Seriously I don't want it there which is why I've removed it at least 50 times and it always comes back!.

I still haven't heard from a GM and it's been three days since I opened the ticket, also haven't seen any official posts here. PLEASE Cryptic fix this issue!
Lt. Commander
# 13 Still waiting
03-11-2010, 11:26 AM
Day four still no response to my support ticket though I did get a whole bunch of offers for cheap credits....
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-11-2010, 12:00 PM
I know I'm going to sound like a broken record here, but Bug Reports do not generally receive an individual response. They exist so that our players can report bugs, so that we can identify trends and escalate them to the development team to fix. Bug Reports are not a support channel. Please use a GM Help ticket if you need in-game help, but be aware that we can't generally work around game bugs for you except in extremely limited circumstances.

I have been following the discussion in this thread, and it sounds like the issue comes down to a UI/keybind/power tray problem. Everyone has been doing a great job troubleshooting and trying to figure out what was actually going on. Based on your post yesterday, it appeared that you had at least found a viable workaround to prevent you from dying constantly. I've been keeping track of UI/keybind/power tray issues and trying to figure out any trends. At least a couple of the ones I've found have since been fixed. However, I don't have nearly enough information on the issue you're experiencing to have any idea what could be causing it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-11-2010, 12:19 PM
I haven't had that kill me yet, but I did find a temporary workaround for the powers magically re-appearing in your tray.

You'll want to swap to tray 3 and 4 instead of 1 and 2.
The easiest way to do this is to have tray 1 and 3 open, and simply drag powers from 1 to 3 in the order you want them.
Then repeat for rows 2 and 4.
Then keep row 3 where row 1 was, and row 4 where row 2 was.
Lastly, rebind quick keys on row 3 back to the number keys without either alt or control , so you can use the number keys like you could with row 1. This will prevent accidentally triggering any powers that are on those no longer used rows.
If you preferred to click the power icons in your tray, nothing will need to be re-bound.

Powers will be still magically put themselves into rows 1 and 2, but you are no longer using those rows, so it won't affect you anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-11-2010, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilUrgency View Post
I am not hitting the seven key at all yet some how it randomly gets engaged when I'm in combat if I don't remember to remove it first. I have noticed this with other key binds as well I press one key and another ability on a completely different key bind will engage instead.

I don't use any macros or have any strange key binds...
Hmm... do you use a 'non-standard' keyboard (i.e. a gaming keyboard) with special/different keys that could be 'confusing' the game's UI? If so, try using a standard keyboard, see if the issue goes away.

You could also try logging onto your account on a different machine (ask a friend with the game?) and see what happens, to eliminate your machine from the troubleshooting process. If you can't do that (I realise it's a long shot), try logging onto the test server, see if the issue persists there.

I know that it's frustrating when things like this occur, but it may not be Cryptic's problem. I don't mean to be patronising, but keep pushing the devs to 'fix this' won't help if its not a bug in the STO codebase (not that I'm saying it definitely isn't).