Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 No badges from Infected......
03-07-2010, 11:27 PM
I have done this mission twice now........

Run #1 - We downed the borg chick and got no loot from her, not even a green..... I was lucky enough to receive my badges but multiple members of my group received less than the amount of badges they were supposed to receive...... ranging from 2 to 5....... and all members were present for the entire run so they all should be been entitled to their just rewards......

Run #2 - Once again we go through the Infected bug festival...... We killed all of the wonderful content that has been provided by the fine folks at Cryptic - kill 300 borg that ninja spawn like tribbles in a fast food joint till you kill the spawn button..... then kill a boss that the trash is tougher than..... then kill another random 200 borg and then face off with Rebecca "Im so insanely bugged, maybe I should have been beta tested but hey lets shove this out so people can pay to beta test me" Simmons...... and tonight after we got our loot..... and tonight I was one of the lucky folks who somehow got bugged into not completing fact or fiction.... so after 4 hours my reward was a head ache, irritation to the point where i took a xanax to stop from breaking my keyboard.... and 0 badges......

I hope at some point Cryptic will figure out how to write actual content..... or maybe hire someone who can write and design interesting and entertaining content for future releases of new raid-i-sodes and other such things.....

These badges are for the upcoming mystery gear that could be clown shoes and propeller beanies, but it would be nice to receive earned badges so i could wear my clown shoes and propeller beanie proudly.....

Please fix this..... even if you have to take out the sub missions and make killing the last boss drop the badges or complete the quest, or make a pylon that has to be clicked in the bosses room that comes active after the bosses death.... or any number of other possible solutions.....

But what do I know - I have only been playing these games since UO beta.......

Psyy, DROW Officer
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-09-2010, 03:44 PM
I have done infected 4 times and 2 times i didn't get any mark of valors.

The other 2 times i got the marks, but someone else from team didn't get his marks. The problem is, that the quest in the log (under "episodes" tab) doesn't advance, the display in the HUD shows the correct state of the quest, but in the log the quest advancement stops at fact or fiction.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Exactly, I made a similar post. If you don't get Deeper into the Mystery after killing captain ogen or whatever, don't continue, you are bugged.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Same thing happened to me. GM said they are aware of the issue, so hope it gets fixed soon.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-09-2010, 09:32 PM
Had you other missions active too?

I ask this because I think mission updates are sometimes borked if you have more than one active mission. Since I always use to have only one active mission I never got such faults again.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-11-2010, 07:32 AM
I'm having the same problem, I'll try to drop any other active missions and see if it fixes the problem.

Thanks for the heads up.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-11-2010, 10:21 AM
its happened two days in a row now, wasted 6 hours arhh, please can you sort this out.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutaytor View Post
I have done this mission twice now........

Run #1 - We downed the borg chick and got no loot from her, not even a green..... I was lucky enough to receive my badges but multiple members of my group received less than the amount of badges they were supposed to receive...... ranging from 2 to 5....... and all members were present for the entire run so they all should be been entitled to their just rewards......

Run #2 - Once again we go through the Infected bug festival...... We killed all of the wonderful content that has been provided by the fine folks at Cryptic - kill 300 borg that ninja spawn like tribbles in a fast food joint till you kill the spawn button..... then kill a boss that the trash is tougher than..... then kill another random 200 borg and then face off with Rebecca "Im so insanely bugged, maybe I should have been beta tested but hey lets shove this out so people can pay to beta test me" Simmons...... and tonight after we got our loot..... and tonight I was one of the lucky folks who somehow got bugged into not completing fact or fiction.... so after 4 hours my reward was a head ache, irritation to the point where i took a xanax to stop from breaking my keyboard.... and 0 badges......

I hope at some point Cryptic will figure out how to write actual content..... or maybe hire someone who can write and design interesting and entertaining content for future releases of new raid-i-sodes and other such things.....

These badges are for the upcoming mystery gear that could be clown shoes and propeller beanies, but it would be nice to receive earned badges so i could wear my clown shoes and propeller beanie proudly.....

Please fix this..... even if you have to take out the sub missions and make killing the last boss drop the badges or complete the quest, or make a pylon that has to be clicked in the bosses room that comes active after the bosses death.... or any number of other possible solutions.....

But what do I know - I have only been playing these games since UO beta.......

Psyy, DROW Officer

Sometimes, when reading postings like this one, I truely wonder if this is really a bug or merely poetic justice. Seeing you ranting and raving, I lean more towards the latter, even though I do know it IS actually a bug.

(btw: What does DROW mean? "Dramatically Raging on Websites"?)

EDIT compells me to add something constructive: basically you are right, one should have his / her reward when completing a mission.