Lt. Commander
# 201
03-11-2010, 02:00 PM
Having the same problem in Ontario, Canada.
Lt. Commander
# 202
03-11-2010, 02:00 PM
Certainly, I have patience when there's a systemic infrastructure issue (backbone went wokey, etc). However, its becoming more and more obvious this isn't a network issue, its a resource issue.

The Cryptic team simply did not purchase/install sufficient hardware for their user base. As a result, the boxes they DO have get overloaded, and crash.

Not sure who did the capacity planning, but they ought to seriously rethink their capability to provide consistent service to their customer base. :p
Lt. Commander
# 203
03-11-2010, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xskudderx View Post
For all those "european" players who have conection Issues, i just encountered the issue as i had logged on some minutes before, i switched the Proxy in the Client Launcher to "none" and i have no issues anymore

I suggest u to do the same
set to 'none' also and still having issues... brief glimmer of hope
Lt. Commander
# 204
03-11-2010, 02:02 PM
If there is an issue like the one with the isp in europe a message at log in screen is all that is needed. Due to nature of pc gaming you get used to slight glitches and if its a fault at there end it save s you mucking about with firewalls etc etc
Lt. Commander
# 205
its seesm to be back up !!
Lt. Commander
# 206
Who they gonna blame this time ?
Lt. Commander
# 207
03-11-2010, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girochen View Post
And, of course, no one that reads these forums have ever made a mistake, or even a series of mistakes. Every one of us, EVERY ONE, balances our checkbook without ever having to make an adjustment. Our taxes are perfect, our car maintenance record is spotless, we have never had an accident, our children have never been blamed for something we did, we never did anything to upset our parents.... gee whiz, why can Cryptic be like we were, perfect in every way?

Get over yourself. It is the internet. Heck, the biggest games around still have down time that is not planned after how many years? Patience is a Virtue. It is the responsibility of all right thinking people to be Virtuous. Join the crowd.
When someone complains about you, its "deal with it"
When someone complains about being slighted because of patch downtime its "deal with it"
When someone complains about game balance its "deal with it"
When its Cryptic saying we got taken for a ride by Star Trek its "aw thats ok we can over look it"
When its Cryptic saying we got taken by Atari its "aw thats ok we can over look it"
When its Cryptic doing nothing about a problem 2 days old its "aw we can over look it"
BUT when somebody complains they havent fixed it yet its "deal with it"

What are they paying you?
Lt. Commander
# 208
03-11-2010, 02:07 PM
Zenovia,
I'm UK, and there isn't a proxy server selection option, I suspect that not all launchers are the same - I have an option to change to 'patch via proxy' but that's it. I'd be interested in hearing if this is just the version I have (Deluxe from DLGamer), or if it's perhaps common to all UK, or perhaps all EU versions of the game.

The 'server is down' is now reported on the launcher page after logging on, I suspect this means it is actually now back up...off to see....
Lt. Commander
# 209
03-11-2010, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbzWayne View Post
Unable to authenticate...

Does this mean that yet again, a game, ill conceived and CHARGING people for the privilege of playing, is YET AGAIN broken ????

And to think this lot want some money from us on a monthly basis for this kind of BS....

Well, I think my subscription will be cancelled BEFORE it starts and I will look in about 3 months down the line, and see if things have improved by then.

Am just SO GLAD I did not buy this game with the lifetime subscription option... Phewwww!
maybee its cause two numptys from aberdeen tried to log in at same time and it couldnt cope
Would also help that when you log into the web page it told you the servers wherent up or i know they have a lovely green blip to show you servers up why not a little suggestion as red servers down or wait for it people im u for invention of the year it could be yellow to show theres some issues with it.

As it is when you do get on game your hardly tripping over trekkies

oh my god i cant believe it error your only allowed 4 smilies per message. no wonder games going to pot if the forum cant cope with more than 4 smileys
Lt. Commander
# 210
03-11-2010, 02:09 PM
And now we're back! V strange.