Alright, so I recently became a Lieutenant Commander *bows for applause* and I got the Boarding party ability from my new Lieutenant. I've used, and a few times it's shut down the enemy shields or something along those lines, but I haven't found any predictable consistency to it.
So, my essential questions are this;
1.What exactly can happen from a successful boarding?
2. Is there any way to improve the odds of it occurring?
3. What exactly is the effect of Damaging the Enemy crew?
1) They can down a subsystem. Or, if they are very very unlucky...they can distract the enemy and suck up a phaser blast.
2) none that I know of; I could be wrong. If so, I'm sure someone will politely correct me....
3) Damaging the crew slows down the timers; less crew you have the longer it takes to get things done.
4) Depends on your playstyle. When using cruisers I like it a lot. Swoop in on a battleship, alpha strike with overcharged torps and beams, slap down a BP as you pass, evasive for a 180, another load of highyield torps into that downed front shield, turn 120 and try to keep away from them danged torp arcs while your BP shuts down his shields or phasers or something. Or even...his bowling alley! HAH! Try to bowl a perfect game NOW Klingon scum!