Lt. Commander
# 1 Do we have any Halo fans?
03-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Since this is the closest thing we will ever have to an off-topic forum, I figured I'd ask. How many of you guys have seen the new multiplayer beta trailer for Reach? Here it is if you haven't seen it.. I can't wait to play the beta in May. I've got to say, Bungie has really outdone themselves with this game. They've always been one of the best game developers, but wow. Once again, they've proved themselves masters of maxing a consoles capabilities. It's still in beta and graphics already look quite a bit better than Halo 3. The only concern I have is that the addition of loadouts will over complicate things. But all-in-all, Reach looks like it's going to be sweet.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-11-2010, 09:14 PM
Played and enjoyed Halo 2, want to buy the classic sometime, will definitely get the third one if they are ever smart enough to release it for PC.

And I loved the reach trailer.

I'm about 1/4th of the way into the novels too.

I used to actually be a pretty good warthog driver in H2, but quit playing multi-player when most of the server population dropped off.

Aaaah good times....
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
Played and enjoyed Halo 2, want to buy the classic sometime, will definitely get the third one if they are ever smart enough to release it for PC.

And I loved the reach trailer.

I'm about 1/4th of the way into the novels too.

I used to actually be a pretty good warthog driver in H2, but quit playing multi-player when most of the server population dropped off.

Aaaah good times....
I kinda liked halo 2 more than 3. For starters, the campaign was longer and more interesting. Many of the multi-player map designs were far better than in 3 as well. I miss those good old Halo 2 days, super jumping and getting out of maps.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-11-2010, 10:45 PM
There has got to be more than one other Halo fan here.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-11-2010, 10:50 PM
I'm a fan of the single player, not so much the multiplayer on live; custom games with buddies are a blast.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-11-2010, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChimiTheCellist View Post
I'm a fan of the single player, not so much the multiplayer on live; custom games with buddies are a blast.
10+ people + smallest possible stage + rockets only = absolute insanity

It gets old after a game or two but if it's randomly between normal games it's a lot of fun.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-11-2010, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonomahin View Post

It gets old after a game or two but if it's randomly between normal games it's a lot of fun.
Yeah. Rockets are fun every now and then.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-11-2010, 11:22 PM
I hope they put a Blood Gulch remake in Reach. I was disappointed with the fact that they didn't remake it for Halo 3.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-11-2010, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonomahin View Post

Basket bomb court + 300% speed + 50% gravity + Rockets

Then ther's what I like to call speed bullet:
Same stage and setup, but with no sheilds, reduced health, and SMGs only. (Mindless shooting fun)
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-11-2010, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
I hope they put a Blood Gulch remake in Reach. I was disappointed with the fact that they didn't remake it for Halo 3.
I was bummed too. I thought the sidewinder remake was a little disappointing as well.