Lt. Commander
# 51
03-07-2010, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteppenRazor
One mission a week, beautiful. So cryptic, when you hiring more guys?

Since i'm the first one to post here... i'd like to thank everyone on the cryptic team for the lameness...

Cheers,
This is proof positive that some people can never be made happy.

Too little content: WHINE
More Content Released: WHINE
More Content Planned: WHINE

What is it you want? What would you want to see? Can't you be happy with the fact that releases like this help prevent the "STO is DEAD" threads from becoming true? Or can't you see past your own demands and black-tinted glasses?
Lt. Commander
# 52
03-08-2010, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdeemer View Post
While I do love the calendar, I would suggest as the projections go out farther into the future, build in bigger windows.
That's the goal.

We'll be updating this over the next week or two to give you guys an idea of what the plans are.

The Updates further out will be more vague - we'll just put down goal posts first. As things get more defined, we want you guys to see it as well.

-Zn
Lt. Commander
# 53
03-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinc View Post
That's the goal.

We'll be updating this over the next week or two to give you guys an idea of what the plans are.

The Updates further out will be more vague - we'll just put down goal posts first. As things get more defined, we want you guys to see it as well.

-Zn
In a previous life I wrote a "Vendor Schedule" a list of future orders we would send to our vendors. The report had a line on it, that anything beyond the line was a potential order, but the vendors were not to take that as a commital, only things on the early side of the line could the vendors consider a firm commitment.

Maybe you could put similar lines on the calendar, maybe 2 lines.
* Anything up to the first line is pretty definite, you've been testing it, you're pretty sure when it's coming out.
* Between the 1st and 2nd lines, Just starting to test, you know about when it might come out, but too early to really commit.
* Beyond the 2nd line, pie in the ski, we haven't really started yet, not even sure if it's possible, don't hold us to it, but it gives an idea of what you're thinking about.

Just a thought....
Lt. Commander
# 54
03-08-2010, 02:13 PM
Lt. Commander
# 55
03-08-2010, 05:23 PM
This is just version 1 of the calendar. We're working on improving its utility and making it prettier. Here's version 2, which is still being mocked up.

http://files.startrekonline.com/img/...lcars_v01b.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 56
03-08-2010, 05:44 PM
So these are new quests?

Are there any events planned?
Lt. Commander
# 57
03-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Can we have a user entered function?
My Birthday's in November.

Lt. Commander
# 58
03-10-2010, 10:12 AM
I like the calander but was disappointed that the entries are not linked to an artical or something explaining what these entries mean. I suppose that knowing that something is comming is nice but how about some details?
Lt. Commander
# 59
03-10-2010, 01:18 PM
Well, as a developer myself I give huge props to Cryptic for doing this. Even just saying you will have something by a certain date takes a ton of courage. Hope your developers don't get heartburn looking at that

Also, the content itself looks fabulous. I can't wait to find out what is behind the "Children of Khan." That alone made my day. Plus all the other stuff.

Rock on!

And on the side conversation, this gives us a chance to find the drama queens who cannot find happiness even with good news. Which brings up a point, is there a limit on the ignore list size?
Lt. Commander
# 60
03-12-2010, 02:38 AM
Look forward to all this content... its good to know that the money spent on my lifetime sub will not go to waste hehe