Lt. Commander
# 11
03-08-2010, 04:08 PM
I think they could easily add exploration (domination?) missions pretty easily. It depends if you get stuff like 'city on the edge of nowhere' kinda missions. Although they might opt for a SFC III style arc set.. That could be interesting.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriFoxfirega

But, sometime back in beta, they posted a poll for the people currently playing: Either have Klingons available after release with a fair amount of content... or release them at launch with minimal content. Most people chose the latter, and that's what they went with.
Doesent matter tho, they shouldn't have asked it in the first place as ppl generally dont know what they are voting for on stuff like that. and cryptic werent THAT interested in telling us just how little content we would be having on klingons.. /edit: we didnt get "minimal" content, we got NO content.....

personally i was expecting atleast a few fleet actions and/or defend sector repeatables... insted we got Kathless Expanse and.............. yep, that was it really..
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgald View Post
Doesent matter tho, they shouldn't have asked it in the first place as ppl generally dont know what they are voting for on stuff like that. and cryptic werent THAT interested in telling us just how little content we would be having on klingons.. /edit: we didnt get "minimal" content, we got NO content.....

personally i was expecting atleast a few fleet actions and/or defend sector repeatables... insted we got Kathless Expanse and.............. yep, that was it really..
I'm lead to understand they were very clear when they posted the original poll: Release the faction with minimal content, but available at launch... or stall it and release it with actual content. It was apparently a deal-breaker for a number of people just to have the option, knowing full well they would have almost no content at release and would have to wait for later content patches.

Any assumptions those players made when they voted in the poll as they did is their own fault and not the fault of the developer. Don't blame them for asking the question.

And full-PVP progression is technically minimal content, so I think you're a bit blinded by your own perception of what content constitutes to make an objective decision on this. It's something that they're working to fix now, and there's not a lot you can do now. Wailing and bashing your fists about isn't going to change what has already transpired, after all. Get over it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-08-2010, 04:29 PM
gonna lay this to rest right here, right now, straight from the horses mouth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcAn3nhf97Y#t=1m49s

Klingons were meant to be a full pve faction. MEANT to be. i know later on, Cryptic sort of flip-flopped due to budget and time constraints, but please-find an earlier video which says otherwise.

to the OP, exactly what you can expect from the 45-day patch ('1st update-title TBD') can be found in the following link.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=134337

and yes i did spend a good deal of time this past weekend on Tribble, going over it with a fine-tooth comb, and as far as 'go somewhere-do something' content, all that's in the thread was all i could find.

all the content on Tribble (for Klingons) is exactly what they're giving us in the 45-day patch. check out the other links from the official website that support this claim.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-08-2010, 04:32 PM
furthermore, to the OP, when discussing KLingons, the state of the game for that faction, etc., it's best just to post in the Klingon threads. where people actually know about the Faction.

from my own personal experience, and from seeing other posts in this thread, i can tell you all your gonna get in response is people who play Fed mains telling you to STFU and like it or leave.
Lt. Commander
# 16 I pve
03-08-2010, 04:35 PM
I started up a kingon; boy named sue hehe; anyway; all I ahve been doing is pve; I have been doing the repeat quests of blowing away federations spies; is fun and all pve and i dont have to wait on anyone. I dont know anything else about the klingon side; dont even know where to go for a pvp fight; but am having fun; so no worries.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-11-2010, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saldan
Umm Roper is over on Champions Online. We got Executive Producer Craig "Zinc" Zinkievich.

Check out http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=134008 to see what's coming in soon.

Whatever Fanboi, this game has the same feel as everything Roper has put his hands on since he left Blizzard. By that I mean the over use of instance based quests to reduce the need for coding "geo-data" to provide a realistic "real" feeling to the MMO experience.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDozer
Whatever Fanboi, this game has the same feel as everything Roper has put his hands on since he left Blizzard. By that I mean the over use of instance based quests to reduce the need for coding "geo-data" to provide a realistic "real" feeling to the MMO experience.
...Uh, not that I enjoy defending Roper (going to need a hot sulfuric acid shower after this, infact), but Cryptic has been doing that since before they signed him on. See their previous work (City of Heroes/Villains) for an example of this.

I get the hate for the man that made his last company an industry term (Flagship'd - to completely and utterly fail at something so hard you hit bankruptcy), and I can sort of see the Cryptic hate, but not knowing some of the facts about either is a sure-fire way to make yourself look silly. :/
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-12-2010, 04:01 AM
The fact that Cryptic cheated out on geo-data by over instancing with CoX is neither here nor there when compared to Roper's record staring with Diablo and hopefully ending with CO/STO. So who is being silly? Or are you a Roper Fanboi? Oh and can I provide the acid? Because if so, I promise it will not be so mild as sulphuric!
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-12-2010, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDozer

BTW I will bump this every 24 hours or until a Dev answers!
If this doesn't work perhaps you could threaten to hold your breath until you turn blue. I hear that works sometimes.