Lt. Commander
# 11
03-12-2010, 06:47 AM
Are the files supposed to be empty/blank?
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-12-2010, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothytoday View Post
Are the files supposed to be empty/blank?
I have the same problem when I copy new characters. For older characters only the binds I modified shows up in the file.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-13-2010, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darc_Ranger View Post
I have the same problem when I copy new characters. For older characters only the binds I modified shows up in the file.
Yep, same here.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-17-2010, 08:38 AM
Yes, the files could be empty or may only contain a few lines. The files will only contain CHANGES from the default settings. So, if you don't change any mappings, the file will be empty. If you only changed, say the E key mapping, the file will only contain mapping for the one key, the E.

This, unfortunately, has the effect of NOT overwriting bindings you changed (at least it didn't in the past though I have not checked it recently). Lets say you exported a character that was all default except for the E key. Then you loaded a character that you accidentally modified the Q key on and then imported the key file. Only the E will change, the Q will still be modified. The only way I see around this is to set all bindings to default prior to importing. This has never been an issue for me as I usually use what I posted here on brand new characters for the purposes of keeping all my toons mapped the same as i create them. I have rarely needed to change the mappings much later.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-17-2010, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfiesden
Yes, the files could be empty or may only contain a few lines. The files will only contain CHANGES from the default settings. So, if you don't change any mappings, the file will be empty. If you only changed, say the E key mapping, the file will only contain mapping for the one key, the E.

This, unfortunately, has the effect of NOT overwriting bindings you changed (at least it didn't in the past though I have not checked it recently). Lets say you exported a character that was all default except for the E key. Then you loaded a character that you accidentally modified the Q key on and then imported the key file. Only the E will change, the Q will still be modified. The only way I see around this is to set all bindings to default prior to importing. This has never been an issue for me as I usually use what I posted here on brand new characters for the purposes of keeping all my toons mapped the same as i create them. I have rarely needed to change the mappings much later.
I figured I going to have to recreate the default key mappings from scratch even for commands using the default setting. I wanted to try to avoid recreating the wheel with keybinds. This game handles keybinding differently than keybinding in Cryptic first game CoH. I wish the powexec command was working as well. I want to run the VoiceCommand program and it would be nicer if at least powexec commands worked. Now I have to make an external list to add in game and to use that list to verify binded keys in the other program. I know more work to make things easier.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-17-2010, 09:30 AM
Where was this thread last night when I made an alt and wasted like 15 minutes readjusting my layout and keybindings? Oh I know, it was here and I'm an idiot for not checking the forums

Thanks for the thread, this will for sure come in handy
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-15-2010, 04:19 AM
Useful, thanks.

Should be a sticky.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-15-2010, 06:05 PM
useful, thank you
weird there is not an internet short for that...
i mean, dltdhyaotwo is well known, but thanks for your post, tag so it is in my history, nothing else to say

should have a meme of it's own
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-22-2010, 08:02 AM
Does anyone have a tutorial or list of basic scripting commands for STO? I want to create an auto-self-target keybind, or at least attempt to with the commands.

Please don't just tell me it can't be done. I want to try for myself.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-28-2010, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojon View Post
Does anyone have a tutorial or list of basic scripting commands for STO? I want to create an auto-self-target keybind, or at least attempt to with the commands.

Please don't just tell me it can't be done. I want to try for myself.
I'd like to be able to change the self target to something other than f1. i am left handed and use the numb pad with my right hand and mouse with my left hand.