Lt. Commander
# 1 Keeping up with friends
03-11-2010, 02:08 PM
I just got my game tonight and a friend of mine will get his in a day or two. I presume we will play at different times more often than not. Still, we'd like to play together when we're both online.

I assume there's some form of sidekick/exemplar mechanic implemented. Will this allow him to join my official "episode" mission arc, although he might be in a different stage of the same mission arc himself?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-11-2010, 02:11 PM
yes there is, all you need is your friends handle and you can add them to your social network. The game tells you whenever they are online and you can join them by the invite team option. Friend of mine is an admiral and has been helping me since I first starting playing.

Hope that helps

Alex Black
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-12-2010, 06:33 AM
There is no actual Sidekick option yet - I was told it was around for awhile in Close Beta but was not working quite right. Accoring to the Engineering Report DEV dstahl puts up, Sidekick is something they are playing with.

Of note, do be careful in playing with someone who is much higher level than you. The mobs escalate in difficulty to a weird point where it is boring for the higher level guy but incredibly dangerous for the lower level guy. Up to and about ten levels of rank difference seems like a good place. A challenge for the lower level guy, but can still be gotten through.

Hope that helps.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-12-2010, 08:52 AM
Oh, that explains a lot. I've been killed twice so far in space battles because I attacked mobs that were meant for the level +10 ally that happened to be in the same system. Seems impossible to get away in that situation... though I have an engine battery in store for such occasions now, let's see if that helps.

At any rate, that's just bad game design. One should have to encounter no-win scenarios in one's own episodes.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-12-2010, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinga View Post
Oh, that explains a lot. I've been killed twice so far in space battles because I attacked mobs that were meant for the level +10 ally that happened to be in the same system. Seems impossible to get away in that situation... though I have an engine battery in store for such occasions now, let's see if that helps.

At any rate, that's just bad game design. One should have to encounter no-win scenarios in one's own episodes.
In those situations, just let the Admiral go in first, get agro and then come in and take your shots where you can while keeping the Admiral between you and the enemies.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-12-2010, 10:03 AM
According to the latest Engineering Reports "sidekicking" is in development.

In Development

* Difficulty Slider
* Death Penalty
* Full Autofire in Space
* Memory Alpha Update
* Commodity Mission Revamp
* New Special Task Forces
* Accolade System
* Exchange Improvements
* Squad Leading (Cross Level Teaming “Sidekicking”)
* Episode Replay
* Trading Existing Bridge Officers
* Random Bridge Officer Requisition
* Dabo Minigame
* Klingon Joined Trill
* TOS/Mirror U Female Uniforms