Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I have mixed feelings about "FvF" gameplay.

However, it would make me about 10 times more likely to level up a Fed to max. I have no interest now because I don't like the PvE and the queue times (I imagine) prevent full time PvP from being an option.

So what's a PvPer to do if they want to level a Fed?

I'm thinking we need either a FFA map ("Paranoia Nebula") that just takes the first 10 players regardless of team and pits them all against each other or else a FvF option.

I do think the FvF option should pay out about 80% what the FvK option does, though. Ultimately FvK should be better than FvF, if you have a choice.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-10-2010, 01:40 PM
full time pvp as a fed is nonexistant once you hit admiral unless you consider spending all the time in borg hunt to be rewarding gameplay experience. the queue times are just too horrible (they have gotten better this past week but i think that is since so many peopledidn't sub after the free month).

I have 2 admirals a commander on fed, and a lt commander on klingon side. I personally think that while fed vs fed war games might be fun, they aren't going to ocmpletely solve the queue problem. I like fighting klingons and would always prefer that type of fight.

My solution for the queue problems however doesn't involve fed vs fed fights. It would consist of cutting the queus down to 3 different queues where you have 1 ground, 1 space assault (capture and hold plus the assault map) and 1 space deathmatch queue. You queue up for the type of fight you want and then it randomly picks a map that fits that queue when the map pops.

You might still run into lopsided matches (1vs5 or 0vs 5 etc) but unless they fix it where you get removed from queues when you go into one that problem isnt going to be fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-10-2010, 01:51 PM
I actually leveled to RA on PvP alone as a Fed. Wasnít that bad at all (well if you donít count bashing my head against my keyboard at PvE feds that full impulse randomly around the map or into full teams of Klingons), a few times I had to do some PvE when queue times were too long. But at RA it became an insane wait for PvP to the point where I canít even play him anymore. Just went back to my Klingon.

What they should do is instead of having pure FvF they should just let Feds become "mirror" universe allies of the Klingons to fill queues. That way you can have klingons and Feds fighting together and you'd have a pretty neat mix up to the current strategy.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-11-2010, 11:31 AM
Context is needed for the Inter-Factional fighting for both F & K...see the "War" thread in my sig for more information.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-11-2010, 02:14 PM
Agree with Kilgore: As things are, once you hit RA Pvp becomes essentially un-viable because of q length. The thing is, up until then it's not so bad. Actually I did most (though not all) of my leveling via PvP. It's very efficient: the games are relatively short and give a whole range of rewards.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-12-2010, 12:34 AM
if there was ever to be a FFA match....."I WOULD OWN ALL OF YOU!" yes......I would....even you, you melee'n honorable "won't attack till Feds' spawn in" Klingon Slamz.

IMO, there should be atleast 1-2 maps considered FFA, to allow all those players Q'd in on the FED side to have a go at each other with out teams, throw in some Klingons for spice.

There should also be an option for private matches to be melee only, although...the kits would have to be disabled to as it allows for range attacks.

I would like to pvp with my 2 RA Feds, but the Q's take forever, I can sit there for hours, and while doing ....exploration mission, the Q pop ups...but then I don't want to take it...because I am almost finished with the mission....ah....

So I pvp with my BG klingon, because its pratically instant Q'z.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-12-2010, 03:03 AM
To OP: I currently roll 2 FED toons PvP (+episode missions to get the loot) only

The only thing you have to PvE is lvl1-7. and I would advice you doing the episodic content once in a while because the rewards are great - way out of balance with Klingons.

Queues are instant if you know where to join (which I guess you do as a Klingon player)
(experience tier1-3)
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-12-2010, 09:53 AM
I'm trying to LVL through PVP only as a Fed and mainly in Pick up.

This is a painful experience.

- PVP queues make game look like russian roulette. You fond yourself alone with 5/6 kling shooting you like sitting duck. Or you have a map just for you and no one to shoot. Because they all cloaked waiting for reinforcment. Something you can't do when whith Feds.

- For a reason I don't know most Fed players go to fight alone when Klings play blob all the time with the predictable result.

- Cloak on Arena Maps give a significant initiative advantage to Klingons. Advantage taken most of time.

- You are spammed with magical powers and die helpless in less than 4 secs

Sometimes, you manage to have a fun balanced game which makes you have glimpse of how fun PVP could be. But it's not often.

Maybe I'm gonna wait a bit and come back later. Hope Cryptic is smarter than Funcom.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-12-2010, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merel
- For a reason I don't know most Fed players go to fight alone when Klings play blob all the time with the predictable result.
XP farmers.

Cryptic decided to reward the losers as much as the winners so some people simply see PvP as an XP farm and they intend to get through it as quickly as possible without regard for whether or not they win.

It's a shame, but it's the predictable result when "everyone's a winner".