Lt. Commander
# 1251
03-12-2010, 02:46 PM
short term:
NO death penalty ( also mid an long term) The mob going back to full health is enough.

Do something about the 'help' boxes that cover everything whenever we hover over anything. I like the choices
of time delay and where they appear.

Map so we can find the system we are looking for that is in another sector.

I have no mid or long term goals.
Lt. Commander
# 1252
03-12-2010, 03:45 PM
1) Stable Key Bindings: WASD keys are mapped to what I want, but they don't remain bound & change during gameplay. For instance the D key is mapped to turn but will often strafe instead of turn. Can't play when the controls are unpredictable.

3) Storyline Content: Star Trek has a huge history that could be referenced to create living episodes for players. Right now STOL' immersion is little more than repeatable mission grinds that lack depth in purpose or plot.

2) In-Game Support: that doesn't brush off a technical issue with in-game mail responses equating to "we have better things to do than fix your problem, so go ask a player in-game for their assistance." I didn't fork out $300+ for a CE version & lifetime subscription for this. I was hoping my contributions would help improve the product. I am rapidly losing faith in my entertainment investment.
Lt. Commander
# 1253
03-12-2010, 04:04 PM
One thing I would like to see at some point (dont know if this was mentioned before), is npc's contacting you via viewscreen on your bridge... and not just in a pop up window while in third person view.

In the majority of all Star Trek episodes... and all the films.. .the view screen was used for communication. Now... I can understand that this would not be practical for player to player communication... so i feel it would be better served for npc contact.

Nothing would be more immersive for me than to be on my bridge... talking to an admiral about my mission on a viewscreen on my ship. I dont care if its text accompanied by the npc portriat on my view screen at first.

Anyway... thats my suggestion.
Lt. Commander
# 1254 My wish-list
03-12-2010, 06:15 PM
Firstly I'd like to thank the original poster for coming up with this thread. (Amazed the Dev's didn't put it out here).

I'll try my best not to be Ripley in the Queen's nest, firing my flamer all over the place - as tempting as it is I'd rather be part of the solution and not part of the problem

So in the spirit of moving onwards and upwards here's my STO wish-list:

Short-term:

1. Stop nerfing things please, and instead allow players ways to over come things that people think are OP. What you guys did with VM was awesome, allowing Teams to still be active. This same logic can be applied to Sub-nuke beam, and the 'OP' sci abilities like Feedback Pulse should drain Aux power, just like weapons drain weapon power.

Also, you've cut back the number of Characters a person can have, the number of skills that person has, and are now looking at consoles and deflectors as well? The more you cut these things back the more every Character/Skillpoint/BO/Console REALLY counts therefore less customisation and variation of characters will occur and we will all be cookie-cutter clones of each other. And that's something none of us, Cryptic included, want to see

2. Still introduce a respec - at Commander I no longer needed things I needed as a LT and I would have loved to respend my points, but also you seriously need to allow us more skill points at T5. At T5 players are only given 4 ranks out of 10 (41-45) in a system designed without a skillcap in mind. A lot of the anger and frustration people feel can be directly traced back to this silly (I'm being polite here) decision. Either unlock the skill tree, or atleast give us a full 10 ranks. As for expansions, introduce an Adjutant - see Mid-term point 2 below.

3. Introduce a greater variety of weapons (and hopefully consoles) that can be bought with end game marks of honor/exploration. Something other than Anti-proton and Tri-cobalt, especially when we don't have enough skill points to be able to properly buff this equipment.

Mid-term - well, for the expansions

1. Tweak all the Fed patrols so that another faction can do them, allowing for 'more' content for other factions.

Eg Klinks could take on Fed's in Fed space, and the usual Reman/Romulan in Romulan space and Terran Alliance/True-way in Cardi space. And when other factions are introduced you already have content waiting for them.

And you'd stop us feeling so claustrophobic as Klinks.

2. Introduce an Adjutant ie a Captain of a different profession, with the appropriate skill tree and abilities. They'd never be quite as effective as an Admiral as they are only ever Captain, but they should have as many available skill points a an Admiral, and players could still - when needed and out of combat - assign command to them, both on the bridge and on away missions. And they would have the same skill tree as an Admiral, so there is LOTS for us to do to bring them up. And that's a nice bonus for the first 2 expansions taken care of.

3. Allow players to go to their home city and pick which flavour of their abilities they want - do I want a weaker/longer Attack Pattern Alpha or a shorter/stronger one? Or even choose from 2 abilities, or from 2 flavours of 2 abilities. And in the 3rd expansion, 3 flavours of 3 abilities.

And yeah, some abilities just won't be able to have this done, but some will.

As for long term, it's still to early to tell. They really should be concentrating on getting things right with their current product.

I think this game has great potential - I hope together we can get it there!

Good hunting people.
Lt. Commander
# 1255
03-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Short term:
The ability to choose which BOFF is display when you visit the bridge.
Maybe a new section under the assignments tab labeled bridge duty with a button functionality similar to the away team where if a BOFF is not assigned to a specific station a default crew man is stationed to it. The purpose being getting a little more variety in who you see on when you visit. Large bridges don't have an issue because they get to display all of their BOFF's and still have room for 2 more but small bridges like the defiant only allow for 6 and they are always the same, at least for me. This new function would permit the captains to determine how the crew gets rotated and who he will see on duty when he gets on his bridge.

Long term:
Paid gender change, paid race change within your faction and paid faction change.
WoW said they would never do it but they realized never is a long time and that players like options. Originally they had it limited to once every few weeks but once they saw what a huge hit it was they allowed it for once every few days.
Lt. Commander
# 1256
03-12-2010, 09:06 PM
i would love to see the tricorder become a more interactive object. click on an icon and your character pulls out the tricorder and your camera zooms in to the tricorder screen and controls. start out on the minimap and you can set it to locate objects that are relevant to the mission, scan for life forms (humanoid or nonhumanoid), scan for anomalies. when objects are located, it not only highlights it on the minimap, but it also automatically points the character in the correct direction and the beeping gets more intense as you approach the object. when you are under attack, it automatically defaults your character out of the tricorder screen (so you dont get surprised and killed while fiddling around on it)

there are a lot of dynamic aspects that can be used there:
searching for objects or artifacts
searching for anomalies
locating life forms,
locating people of interest, friend of foe (and aiming your character in the direction they are at)
you can link with consoles, and mechanisms, perhaps to add to mission requirements (especially exploration or raid missions) for example: you have to link to a certain console and in the tricorder it could show 3 circuits, one looks misaligned. you select it on the screen and have to use the up arrow to realign it in order to prevent an overload in the computer or something. it would really help me feel like i am doing something more than just watching my character type computer consoles all the time.
link it to your weapon to give it a 30 second power boost before you attack someone or something
I'm sure there are a lot of things that can be done with it to give a real immersing feel

you could acquire upgrades for it, which could be cool too. maybe even upgrades specific to your field

putting the minimap and minimap options on the tricorder might help free up some space on the regular screen too
Lt. Commander
# 1257 Mission Tracker
03-12-2010, 09:56 PM
Here's a big one: Put "Mission Tracker" in the same window type as chat with all the features, font size, minimiumize to icon, color code missions for priority, fade out, Call from Captains log. currentyl there seems to be no way to get it off the screen. not to great for emmersion factor.
Lt. Commander
# 1258
03-12-2010, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfs5519 View Post
i would love to see the tricorder become a more interactive object. click on an icon and your character pulls out the tricorder and your camera zooms in to the tricorder screen and controls. start out on the minimap and you can set it to locate objects that are relevant to the mission, scan for life forms (humanoid or nonhumanoid), scan for anomalies. when objects are located, it not only highlights it on the minimap, but it also automatically points the character in the correct direction and the beeping gets more intense as you approach the object. when you are under attack, it automatically defaults your character out of the tricorder screen (so you dont get surprised and killed while fiddling around on it)

there are a lot of dynamic aspects that can be used there:
searching for objects or artifacts
searching for anomalies
locating life forms,
locating people of interest, friend of foe (and aiming your character in the direction they are at)
you can link with consoles, and mechanisms, perhaps to add to mission requirements (especially exploration or raid missions) for example: you have to link to a certain console and in the tricorder it could show 3 circuits, one looks misaligned. you select it on the screen and have to use the up arrow to realign it in order to prevent an overload in the computer or something. it would really help me feel like i am doing something more than just watching my character type computer consoles all the time.
link it to your weapon to give it a 30 second power boost before you attack someone or something
I'm sure there are a lot of things that can be done with it to give a real immersing feel

putting the minimap on the tricorder might help free up some space on the regular screen too
excellent, wouldn't make it too distractiing with autopointing avatar and such, but we need a way to choose what we want to scan for. This goes for outer space as well.
Lt. Commander
# 1259
03-12-2010, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semley View Post
excellent, wouldn't make it too distractiing with autopointing avatar and such, but we need a way to choose what we want to scan for. This goes for outer space as well.
yea it would certainly be a start toward adding some more depth. doing it for space missions might need a little more love to implement in order to make it look right. maybe add a toggle/hide button for a ship scanners bar in the control menu? something that hides away when you are not using it, in order to keep the clutter down when trying to navigate.

that kind of reminds me.. i think the icons that slide around the sides of the screen for off screen contacts is a good idea, but it is hard enough to select them when they are moving around. but to make it worse, not only do they dive behind the menus when you try to click them, but you have to select them in just the right spot. i want to be able to do a quick click on that icon and have it stick. i have to chase it around and then when i click it ... most of the time it doesnt take cuz i didnt click it in the right spot. its a little cumbersome and could use a little tweaking to make it easier to select.

now that i think of it.. adding it as an option to the ship scanners menu might eliminate that problem if done right
Lt. Commander
# 1260
03-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Short-term

- No more auto-zoning into a battlezone from enemy signal contacts hunting me down; at least some sort of option to opt out.
- A lot less trash to plow through in ground combat. Ground combat CAN be fun, but the sheer amount of groups to mow through in a given mission can get extremely repetative and boring.
- It feels like it takes forever to get "out of combat" sometimes, especially when I must wait to hit full impulse again to either get to the next fight or get to my friends who need my help faster. Shortening this length of lockout time would be ideal.

----------

Mid-term

- C-Store items such as favorite classes of starships not present in the game for purchase, such as the Nebula, Oberth, Excelsior, and perhaps a more traditional Steamrunner.
- The capacity to "mask" a top tier ship with the look of a different tier ship design. It would be nice to fly in my favorite ship design without suffering a lack of consoles or weapon slots because of it. IE, a Hermes class masked with the design of the Akira, so while it would look like an Akira on the outside, the inside strengths of the Hermes would remain. Limited to respective roles, of course (An Akira can't be masked with an Intrepid or Galaxy Class).
- Adjusted, realistic measurements for ship interiors - at least an option to have a compressed, smaller design for any interiors, lowered ceilings, ect., while aboard my personal ship, so it won't feel like a large open space.

----------

Long-term

- Greater control of starships in space; full axis.
- Entire solar systems available to cruise around in, hopping from planet to planet, with the possibility of random missions being available during the cruise in the manner of distress signals, an aid request, ect., and spawns of anamolies to scan periodically. Sort of like a random patrol in a system of your choice.
- Diplomatic missions that are directed by what you say - choices similar to RPG game styles giving you options in how you approach someone, speaking to them in different ways that ultimately lead to a particular conclusion.