Lt. Commander
# 21
03-12-2010, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonomahin View Post
I liked Red vs. Blue until about the time they started using Halo 2. Anything done with the original game was hilarious. Seems like shortly after they switched games it wasn't as funny anymore.
I think it was better on Halo 1 and 2. It was when the relaunched it with Halo 3 that things got a little weird. But it's still ok and I can't wait for the new season that starts this year.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-12-2010, 10:11 AM
2 years ago, when my Grandmama was 81, she got really interested in gaming. She kept asking questions about the white box game (the wii) and looking around at Gamestop and Best Buy when we went looking for other stuff.

My father had an Xbox he'd won at a developer's conference that was just sitting around and so we agreed that I'd set it up for her to see if she'd be interested in playing. Note, up until this point, she'd only known how to turn on her computer to play card games--she was very low tech.

So I set everything up and took her to best buy. I told her a few of the games that were good, based on experience I've had. I didn't even think about games with any kind of shooting, because she can't watch anything with blood/guts (she calls it tomato sauce). So someone comes up to us at the store and recommends a racing game, which she snagged, and I went over to look somewhere else.

She comes up to me about 10 minutes later with the (now) 2 games she's chosen and I go up to the counter and pay for them and don't even think to look at them. We get home and I grabbed into the bag and came out with the racing game. Popped it into the xBox and everything was great.

Until she tried to play it. Spent a lot of time hitting other cars and turning around. She requests the other game, which I'd forgotten about and I take out the racing game and pull the other game out of the bag. As I'm peeling off the plastic, I realize she picked HALO. I asked her about it and she said it sounded good.

And then my 81 year old Grandmama proceeds to play Halo for the next hour, thoroughly schooling me in it, before I left the room and called my father to giggle. Her great niece and nephew were over a few months later and apparently, their father decided to pack up the XBox because it was creating too much of a stir. My Grandmama would try and take the controller away from the kids whenever Halo was in the tray. She was thoroughly addicted.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-12-2010, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa Holly
2 years ago, when my Grandmama was 81, she got really interested in gaming. She kept asking questions about the white box game (the wii) and looking around at Gamestop and Best Buy when we went looking for other stuff.

My father had an Xbox he'd won at a developer's conference that was just sitting around and so we agreed that I'd set it up for her to see if she'd be interested in playing. Note, up until this point, she'd only known how to turn on her computer to play card games--she was very low tech.

So I set everything up and took her to best buy. I told her a few of the games that were good, based on experience I've had. I didn't even think about games with any kind of shooting, because she can't watch anything with blood/guts (she calls it tomato sauce). So someone comes up to us at the store and recommends a racing game, which she snagged, and I went over to look somewhere else.

She comes up to me about 10 minutes later with the (now) 2 games she's chosen and I go up to the counter and pay for them and don't even think to look at them. We get home and I grabbed into the bag and came out with the racing game. Popped it into the xBox and everything was great.

Until she tried to play it. Spent a lot of time hitting other cars and turning around. She requests the other game, which I'd forgotten about and I take out the racing game and pull the other game out of the bag. As I'm peeling off the plastic, I realize she picked HALO. I asked her about it and she said it sounded good.

And then my 81 year old Grandmama proceeds to play Halo for the next hour, thoroughly schooling me in it, before I left the room and called my father to giggle. Her great niece and nephew were over a few months later and apparently, their father decided to pack up the XBox because it was creating too much of a stir. My Grandmama would try and take the controller away from the kids whenever Halo was in the tray. She was thoroughly addicted.
This is full of win.

Senior Spartans to the rescue!
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-12-2010, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa Holly

That is the best story I've heard in a while. I wish my grandparents played Halo.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-13-2010, 06:49 AM
Here, this is for all your Halo Fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1LOmYTOOsw
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-13-2010, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar_Corvus
Here, this is for all your Halo Fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1LOmYTOOsw
Hilarious. MC rocks. I hope the Halo movie gets revived.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-13-2010, 08:24 AM
Id have to say, my strangest Halo story occured when i worked at walmart, in electronics. When you work retail in a small town, you kinda get to know your clientele(even though winnemucca has 16,000 people, not all of them game). There was this one dude who would come in every month or so, with like a shopping cart full of canned food, and would stop at electronics and stare at the games. I always thought this guy was looking for something for his grandkids or something (the guy was ancient, he had those deep weathered lines and very tan skin) This, i thought to myself oneday, is just a man who needs guidance in selecting a game for his great grand-something. I walk up to Him, and ask if theres anything i can do. You have to understand, i live in a hick cowby/mining town and this guy was the epitome of Cowboy. He had one of those old fashion cowboy hats, not the one youre thinking of, but the flat brimmed stiff one, like the Pilgrims in Secret Window. He has this crazy long handlebar mustache thats popular with the local basque residents, all thin and stiff. He was ancient as all hell, and weathered land squinty like he had spent the first 60 years of his life engagen in a staring contest with the sun. I wouldnt have been surprised if someone told me that, actually, and then i wouldnt have questioned them even if they told me he won.

So i ask this guy what hes looking for....and he dives into a longwinded rant about how we dont have Psychonauts. My Jaw must have dropped. He had been looking for it for months, because one of his WoW officers wouldnt shut up about the damn thing. My jaw must have fallen all the way to the ground at this point. WoW? as in World of ********, i asked? Of Course! He lauhed and gave a knowing look. He explained that he was in fact a real cowboy. He only came into town once a month during the summer to stock up on supplies, and then not at all during winter. He has a cabin out in the middle of nowhere, where he stays while he takes care of livestock for some big time rancher. Apparently he has a gas generator and some solar panels to power his gaming needs. He has satellite internet which sucks for gaming but being as he was out in he middle of nowhere, he coudnt complain too much. He owned a PS2, a 360, most of the older systems, and a killer pc rig. He was single, and preferred it that way.

after gathering my wits i mention that i saw a copy of psychonauts at the local pawn shop not too long ago, and he thanked me ever so kndly and meandered off, but not before purchasing Halo 2.

That encounter blew my mind, i have to say.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-13-2010, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValinAntilles View Post
Id have to say, my strangest Halo story occured when i worked at walmart, in electronics. When you work retail in a small town, you kinda get to know your clientele(even though winnemucca has 16,000 people, not all of them game). There was this one dude who would come in every month or so, with like a shopping cart full of canned food, and would stop at electronics and stare at the games. I always thought this guy was looking for something for his grandkids or something (the guy was ancient, he had those deep weathered lines and very tan skin) This, i thought to myself oneday, is just a man who needs guidance in selecting a game for his great grand-something. I walk up to Him, and ask if theres anything i can do. You have to understand, i live in a hick cowby/mining town and this guy was the epitome of Cowboy. He had one of those old fashion cowboy hats, not the one youre thinking of, but the flat brimmed stiff one, like the Pilgrims in Secret Window. He has this crazy long handlebar mustache thats popular with the local basque residents, all thin and stiff. He was ancient as all hell, and weathered land squinty like he had spent the first 60 years of his life engagen in a staring contest with the sun. I wouldnt have been surprised if someone told me that, actually, and then i wouldnt have questioned them even if they told me he won.

So i ask this guy what hes looking for....and he dives into a longwinded rant about how we dont have Psychonauts. My Jaw must have dropped. He had been looking for it for months, because one of his WoW officers wouldnt shut up about the damn thing. My jaw must have fallen all the way to the ground at this point. WoW? as in World of ********, i asked? Of Course! He lauhed and gave a knowing look. He explained that he was in fact a real cowboy. He only came into town once a month during the summer to stock up on supplies, and then not at all during winter. He has a cabin out in the middle of nowhere, where he stays while he takes care of livestock for some big time rancher. Apparently he has a gas generator and some solar panels to power his gaming needs. He has satellite internet which sucks for gaming but being as he was out in he middle of nowhere, he coudnt complain too much. He owned a PS2, a 360, most of the older systems, and a killer pc rig. He was single, and preferred it that way.

after gathering my wits i mention that i saw a copy of psychonauts at the local pawn shop not too long ago, and he thanked me ever so kndly and meandered off, but not before purchasing Halo 2.

That encounter blew my mind, i have to say.
Another excellent story.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-13-2010, 07:08 PM
I'd play this one just to see how it was. Could end up being pretty awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-13-2010, 08:33 PM
Regret....Regret...Regret...they keep repeating that message, what does it mean?

"Dear humanity,We regret bein' alien *******s, we regret comin' to Earth, and we most definitely regret that the Corps. just blew up our raggedy-ass fleet!"

HOORAH!!!