Lt. Commander
# 11
03-13-2010, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yavin_Prime View Post
That does sound nice, and you're right if there was more meaning to the battles and it was a true struggle for holding territory then perhaps the battles would become more stretegic and less chaotic... ball-o-doom.
That would be realy cool... like the RvR in Dark Age of Camelot... but I dont think Cryptic is cabable of something like that.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-13-2010, 08:39 PM
The leaving ball=death thing has already been mentioned but in pvp through t2-t4, I had strongly favourable win ratio against klingons, but during levelling since pve is pretty quick xp it'd be the feds who like pvp for pvp's sake doing it, whereas later that's not so much the case so the bad to good ratio can get feds murdered.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-13-2010, 11:33 PM
I have a Klingon at BG5. I've been working on my Fed character who is at Capt4 now with tons of Fed PvP time since LtCmdr3. And I have yet to see one of these fabled matches where the KDF team sits in cloak to grief the Feds.

I have come across and been part of a KDF force that refuses to engage until the numbers even out more. 1-2 guys vs a full opposing team isn't enjoyable. I'd rather leave the area outright if things don't even out as far as teams go. I have no desire to make myself fodder for someone else to just throw the match, and stretching the matter out some more is pointless. Better to leave such an uneven que setup and jump into another possibly more equal match.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-14-2010, 05:17 AM
Defensive box ("Fed Ball") is a perfectly valid, and indeed essential, Fed tactic for arena battles... and largely useless in take-and-hold battles, which are fluid by their nature.

So fight in take-and-hold battles if you prefer more mobile battles... but a good Klingon team will know how to make a pretty good fist of pulling apart a "Fed Ball", I have seen it done (from both sides) many times.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-14-2010, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmaker01 View Post
IAnd I have yet to see one of these fabled matches where the KDF team sits in cloak to grief the Feds.
Admiral 5 and BG 5 here and I too have never even once seen this. STO urban myth I suspect. Most players are like hyperactive adolescents (hmmm... maybe because.... never mind) and I doubt many have the patience to just sit there doing nothing for an extended period of time.

However I have occasionally entered arena maps, flown around and after a couple minutes of not finding anyone, just left the map.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-14-2010, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
Admiral 5 and BG 5 here and I too have never even once seen this. STO urban myth I suspect. Most players are like hyperactive adolescents (hmmm... maybe because.... never mind) and I doubt many have the patience to just sit there doing nothing for an extended period of time.

However I have occasionally entered arena maps, flown around and after a couple minutes of not finding anyone, just left the map.
Highlight for emphasis as to why I don't believe those tales about Klingons sitting in cloak for like 20-45 something minutes. I've sat cloaked for a few minutes to see if more Klingons arrive, and leave if it doesn't happen. For a Klingon to sit around for that length of time as people "say" is ridiculous. The que time waits for a KDF player are much shorter than a Fed, and he can get in a good number of competitive (i.e. real back and forth fighting) matches for more rewards instead of sitting around for an hour.

Those "long waits" people complain about were probably like my examples... waiting a few minutes by the Klingons until evened out, but impatient Fed players exaggerate it by x10 or more.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-14-2010, 11:08 AM
Space PvP sucks, everyone hates it
Feds blame cloaked ships
Klings blame the fed ball.

Until this is changed I only do ground PvP (has a whole load of its own problems) and thats onlykilling time till the 45 day patch when I decided if I am going to stay or leave.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LnD-Rash View Post
So if a Klingon Ship appears much more sturdy then the Federation Ships, the only explanation to this would be that the player had a better BO, Equipment and Player Skill setup then you guys...
I think the lower-damage ability of fed cruisers also makes it seem like klingon cruisers last longer.

But yes, every cruiser i've gone up against in my K'tinga so far has been pummeled with me hardly taking any damage. I've got rare covariant shields, skill points into the cruiser stats maxed out, 2x reverse shield polarity, engineering team, two other shield abilities, and a pha/dis/tet/pla uncommon resist console. Not to mention the crap load of cannons on the ship that when used with rapid fire make for more damage than any other tier 3 ship by far...
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-14-2010, 01:27 PM
KvK is 20 minutes of cloak--

anyone ever try to solo a rogue as a rogue--not fun