Lt. Commander
# 211
03-11-2010, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girochen View Post
And, of course, no one that reads these forums have ever made a mistake, or even a series of mistakes. Every one of us, EVERY ONE, balances our checkbook without ever having to make an adjustment. Our taxes are perfect, our car maintenance record is spotless, we have never had an accident, our children have never been blamed for something we did, we never did anything to upset our parents.... gee whiz, why can Cryptic be like we were, perfect in every way?

Get over yourself. It is the internet. Heck, the biggest games around still have down time that is not planned after how many years? Patience is a Virtue. It is the responsibility of all right thinking people to be Virtuous. Join the crowd.
Get over yourself. People pay money to play a game, they expect it to work. Cryptic gets paid to work on the game and make sure it works. Nobody pays you to balance your checkbook, or maintain your car, or do your taxes. But if you pay someone to handle your accounting, fix your car or do your taxes and THEY screw up, which causes you to lose any amount of money or time, do you just roll over and say "eh people make mistakes."?

It is the responsibility of people to take care of what they are paid and expected to do. I'm a psychologist and if I misdiagnose one of my students, that their parents are paying me to take care of, you think the parents are just going to let it slide and be patient. That's an extreme and I have malpractice insurance which I thankfully never had to use, but nobody likes to feel taken advantage of. So if people want to vent their frustrations don't complain and either read it or don't.
Lt. Commander
# 212
03-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip_intro View Post
And now we're back! V strange.
nope now were patching :p

but come on cryptic with all the dodgy gold spammers (someone else please send me a mesage that isnt spam) when you get an unable to authenticate message you start to worry some dodgy person from certain contries has stolen your account. Surley an unable to conect or connection error would be a better message

as unable to authenticate would imply to some people that they are saying your software is pirated or stolen etc.

Maybee thats just my poor understanding of the english language
Lt. Commander
# 213
03-11-2010, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axwyn
nope now were patching :p

but come on cryptic with all the dodgy gold spammers (someone else please send me a mesage that isnt spam) when you get an unable to authenticate message you start to worry some dodgy person from certain contries has stolen your account. Surley an unable to conect or connection error would be a better message

as unable to authenticate would imply to some people that they are saying your software is pirated or stolen etc.

Maybee thats just my poor understanding of the english language
You know....

If they got rid of the gold spammers they could cut their population by at least 25%. And yay no more lag!
Lt. Commander
# 214
03-11-2010, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.
You know....

If they got rid of the gold spammers they could cut their population by at least 25%. And yay no more lag!
and we could save south korean children that are left to starve while there parents go to cafe to gold spam
Lt. Commander
# 215 For the Love of God Help
03-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Okay I cannot start new threads, so this is my only option.

I bought and installed the game March 10th, since then, I have constant "server down" and no "PLAY" button visible on the launcher. It's funny, because before I log in, it says "server up", as soon as I enter my user name and pw, it instantly switches to "server down.

I have shut down all my mcaffee antivirus and my firewall, still...no dice. Cannot play the game.

I'm in Canada, if that matters.

Does anyone have any ideas at all?
Lt. Commander
# 216
03-11-2010, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badchicken View Post
Okay I cannot start new threads, so this is my only option.

I bought and installed the game March 10th, since then, I have constant "server down" and no "PLAY" button visible on the launcher. It's funny, because before I log in, it says "server up", as soon as I enter my user name and pw, it instantly switches to "server down.

I have shut down all my mcaffee antivirus and my firewall, still...no dice. Cannot play the game.

I'm in Canada, if that matters.

Does anyone have any ideas at all?
Hmm, just to toss an idea out there of something you could try:

In the launcher click Options and look at the Proxy selection box. Try using the US proxy, or if it's currently set to the US proxy try using None. You could even try the EU proxy.

Also if your game is hanging on the patching process check the box 'patch via proxy'.

If nothing helps it could be you're still suffering the tail end of the connection issues that this thread was originally about.
Lt. Commander
# 217 *Looks at watch*
03-14-2010, 05:42 AM
Wow, i don't like complaining, but its been over 2 weeks now with no STO for me

And yes, i do live in Britain so there is still connection problems.

I'm just wondering if any progress is being made by the staff/tech team.

I topped up my account time about 3 weeks ago, and then i find that i am not playing it now. Money almost wasted i'm begining to think
Lt. Commander
# 218
03-14-2010, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDT100 View Post
Wow, i don't like complaining, but its been over 2 weeks now with no STO for me

And yes, i do live in Britain so there is still connection problems.

I'm just wondering if any progress is being made by the staff/tech team.

I topped up my account time about 3 weeks ago, and then i find that i am not playing it now. Money almost wasted i'm begining to think
Well for most people who suffered from these widespread connectivity issues the problem was solved a few days after it began, so if you're still having it now then it's possible your problem is a different one and not related to this widespread outage.

Have you tried playing around with the proxy settings as I suggested to a person just above your post? Try changing your proxy settings in the launcher - try None, EU and US. See if either of those 3 will let you connect. Tick the box 'patch via proxy' if you get stuck after logging in, but before the button ENGAGE appears.

If changing proxies doesn't help then I suggest making a new thread in the technical support forums for your problem as there's some very knowledgable people in there trying to people out.

A good start to getting help would be to post some basic specifications of your system, like your OS, type of network connection (wireless or wired, router / modem type, etc), as well as doing a tracert to the patch server and posting the results - also run the Nettest utility and post those results.

You can find out how to do most of this stuff on the page here: http://www.startrekonline.com/support/tech
Lt. Commander
# 219
03-15-2010, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xskudderx View Post
For all those "european" players who have conection Issues, i just encountered the issue as i had logged on some minutes before, i switched the Proxy in the Client Launcher to "none" and i have no issues anymore

I suggest u to do the same
Cheers. Great advice. Checked mine and the proxy was set to 'none' already, but I changed it to EU and I got straight in.