Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 41
03-14-2010, 07:46 AM
i loved being ganked by guys 10-20 levels higher than me when levelng atoon.. especially when they sucked at playing and i end up killing em... RANDOM PVP ftw!
Lt. Commander
# 42 should be limits
03-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evoix311 View Post
i loved being ganked by guys 10-20 levels higher than me when levelng atoon.. especially when they sucked at playing and i end up killing em... RANDOM PVP ftw!
The open zone would be one you agree to enter and you could level cap the difference in levels to control this. Everquest had limitations on level differennce on their pvp servers. This keeps a high level toon from preying on those who have no chance. Of course you still could find yourself facing a large group but in war you might expect that to happen.
Lt. Commander
# 43
03-14-2010, 10:04 PM
I really dig all this talk about PvP being... "consensual." Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside

If Capt.Kirk was in on these discussions, he'd approve of it.
Lt. Commander
# 44
03-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnonSeek View Post
Too bad leveling on the Klingon side is not consensual, your forced to PvP just to be able to level. So the statement about STO PvP being consentual I have to say is false.
Two words: Kahless Expanse.

Exploration missions are coming (it's up on the test server right now); for you "I don't want to be doing science stuff" crowd, the Klingon version leans more towards military style ops (patrols and the general blowing up of stuff) than the Federation's version.
Lt. Commander
# 45
03-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
Basically, it means that someone can't ever be attacked without somehow having agreed to it. So yes, we might do PvP zones...but you'll be notified while entering that the zone is open PvP. Believe me, I badly want open PvP zones.
Yay ... the first wonderful thing I have heard out of a devs .. typing fingers.

Lt. Commander
# 46
03-15-2010, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Basically, it means that someone can't ever be attacked without somehow having agreed to it. So yes, we might do PvP zones...but you'll be notified while entering that the zone is open PvP. Believe me, I badly want open PvP zones.
This is pure win! Now how about some meaningful pvp for territory or something....

Thanks Jack. I am greatly impressed with amount of communication the entire STO team is having with the community!
Lt. Commander
# 47
03-16-2010, 11:39 AM
Quote:
I support this idea. Now, back to killing Klingons!
Lt. Commander
# 48
03-16-2010, 06:37 PM
Quote:
PvP in STO will always be consensual.
Yeah when I read that I felt sick. They really need a neutral zone that factions can freely attack other factions... I mean that's how it is in the movies and tv shows right? Maybe what was meant is a warning that displays, "Warning you are entering the Neutral Zone and maybe attacked freely by other factions" before warping in?

But I doubt it... look at Deep Space Encounters... you get caught, you click warp out, and you are out. Only thing Deep Space Encounters do is catch people who put there ship on autopilot while they run to the restroom.

Edit: lol guess I should read more than 2 pages in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackalope
Lt. Commander
# 49 consensual
03-16-2010, 07:36 PM
well its a joke if they only alow pvp in battlegrounds if you want consesual let me flag pvp that way if you shoot at me i then have ur permtion to kill you and ur two buddys that tryed to save you =)