Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
hi

i noticed that the tooltip on the polarize hull says that it adds +85% energy resistance ( i ivested in skills to boost this one ) yet the stats tab say its 44.5% when i enable the skill ( I dont have other reistances)
its similar with hayard emitters the tooltip on the skill says 30% dmg resistance and the stats tab says 22.9%

I did some testing and realized that from polarize hull when i get around18 bleedthru dmg i take around 8-10 dmg .

no matter how i look at it there is something wrong here, maybe the skill bonuses are not included, or its just a display thing.

thnx
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-02-2010, 11:22 AM
This is a result of diminishing returns on resistances. Any value that is applied to your resistance levels will be lower than the original tooltip because of this.

Just for an example of diminishing returns at higher values:
I hit Brace For Impact, Engineering Team, and Hazard Emitters so they all had their resistance values up at the same time, for a total of 107% kinetic resistance. Obviously wouldn't be fair if I could make myself completely immune to torpedoes for the duration of that buff, but I digress. My kinetic resistance stat at this point was 49.5%
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-14-2010, 12:05 PM
The best way to think of resistances is how much longer you'll live. So 100% resist will mitigate 50% of the incoming damage, as per your paperdoll. As you'll only take 50% of the damage, you'll live 100% longer.